Gerwin's Iceland 1024 tileset v1.0

This is 1024x1024 optional tileset and treemod for Gerwin's "old format" IcelandNA terrain.

This version replaces version 0.9 uploaded on 08.14.2012

Two generic "seasons" included, warm and cold, where cold one gives full snow cover.

By popular members request, optional darker water included in separate "oprional darker water" folder for both "seasons"; the default brighter water is more or less like in LOD-based NA terrain

New waternormals included, rough (default) and calm waters (the latter found in "optional calm water" folder)

Stary:

I tried sending you a PM, but it will not accept !!! Is your mailbox full ???

Panama Red

ooops, it's full ,sorry, off to clean it!

As I am home again, I could try out this tileset. It is actually generally better then my original tiles, so that is great. If only for the fact that the green vs snow difference is more subtle. The tod work is excellent!

I still had some stubborn ideas: made a 50%-50% blend of the original tiles and stary's at stock resolution, together with some other adjustments. This gave me the look I liked the most. Stary, would it be okay to equip the base Iceland terrain package with the 50%-50% based one? (With all credit and a link to your set.)

PS, Also ready is a standalone version of IcelandNA modified to work with any SF game, even with SF1.

surely! I still have mixed feelings about ths set myself to be honest, but decided it's better to upload it as otherwise it would end in Abyss corner of my backup drive...

SF1 version? That would make alot of folks here happy

Excellent work, Stary! Low-level detail is top-notch. Nice steam vents! :sohappy:

@gerwin, I can't wait to try the 50-50 blend. Would that help hide the repeating patterns you see from high altitude?

Would that help hide the repeating patterns you see from high altitude?

maybe, will have to see what Gerwin's cooking, but generally rememer it's a several tiles only for whole terrain so some repeativeness (sp?) will occur