Sign in to follow this  
ValAstur

Mission type and loadout problems

Hey guys

Dunno if it's a problem concerning the latest patch, but since I got the July2012 version of the games, I'm not able to change the mission type and the loadout for a stock plane.

Although the F-4J has either "Strike" and "Anti-Ship" written in it's data.ini, I'm only able to select "Strike" in the single mission window.

If I change the loadout.ini, enabling the use of the WallEye for Strike, the loadout window only shows 6 MK82 bombs as written into it's original loadout.ini.

Do the standard ini's override the custom ini's?

I wanted to create a F-4JM for the JMSDF and no matter what I try, SF2 still gives me the bombs instead of the WallEye.

Any explanation?

What terrain are you using? If it's not stock, make sure it's got a water map. On July 2012 my stock F-4J has both Strike and Anti-Ship available.

It's either Iceland or Vietnam map.

Well, Anti-Ship was never available on the vietnam map as there are no targets (for the blue side, at least). Iceland is a special case, you might want to look around in the stickies in the mission building thread, but I think at any time after Minsk and Kiev came into service, strike missions are actually Naval_Strike, in other words, they target the Soviet Carrier Task Groups.

Haven't seen it like that. Maybe I must try Europe or Israel map.

But why can't I equip the Walleye and have to keep the bombs?

Val, where in the Loadout ini. do you have the Walleyes? They should be under Strike. I put a WalleyeI each on Stations 3 and 4, run IcelandNA, Iceland map, get a mission to attack one of the Soviet CBG's, one WalleyeII MK13 Mod 2 under each wing.