Sign in to follow this  
Bullethead

Help with Mods

OK, I've finally decided to mod OFF. All this time, I've been doing it as-is except for skins. And the Hell of it is, I can't find the search function to see how everything fits together now, so I'd like to make sure I'm doing this right.

As I understand things, you install JSGME first, then any mods that work with it. Then you install OFFbase (which actually calls itself OFFice when you download it). Then, when you run OFFbase, it will let you turn the various JSGME mods on and off as desired. Do I have this right?

I'd also like to know where Lou got Stumpjumper's Italian front and how that works.

Free drinks for those who help me :drinks:

Hate to tell you BH, but there is no Italian Front per se. You'll have to write your own missions one at a time and fly them. As to all the mods, JSGME is the way to go. Just install it by following the instructions and then place all the many OFF items into the 'MODS' folder you created when you installed JSGME and you will be good to go. Lothar's mod is very neat but you don't need to use it to run the other OFF mods if you just want to pick and choose them to suit your own tastes.

Thanks Lou. Whatcha drinkin'?

I know the Italian Front isn't a campaign thing, I was just wondering where to find it and how it works.

Well, to find it, just jump in your kite and fly towards the Gulf of Venice. When you're over Trentino, look down.

... hee hee ...

But seriously BH, you will need to load up the add-on aeroplanes you want to use into your 'aircraft' folder in your OFF install and then start building individual missions based on who you wish to fly for and where along the front you wish to fight.

Oh, and two fingers of Tullamore Dew 43, if you'd be so kind.

Edited by RAF_Louvert
too much Tullamore Dew 43 in my coffee

I thought a fine Montepulciano d'Abruzzo would fit better here.

The Italian front is a far dream away, but I'll go to the kitchen now and make me

some spaghetti a la Sophia Loren. Hmmmmmm!...

Oh, and two fingers of Tullamore Dew 43, if you'd be so kind.

Here ya go :drinks:.

If you'd like some more, keep talkin' ;).

On Stumpjumper's stuff, I see various planes available here but I see no Italian landmass. Is that already there in the game or do you have to also get the map?

But what I'm most interested in is things like the flight, damage, and sound models. In the README for "HPW Combined FM and AI EW Mod 2.2 for JSGME", I came across the following rather disconcerting note:

Important note: As in previous versions of the FM mod, and any other mod which modifies any of OFF's .cfg files, using this mod will result in the user not being able to see any of the ace skins, either those already included in the game or that the user has created on his own or downloaded for use with HITR. Fortunately, a workaround for this problem has been identified by Panama Red. Basically, in order to use this mod and also to see all of the ace skins available in the game, first activate the FM mod and start the game. Begin your campaign as usual, but instead of flying your mission, click on end mission as soon as you find yourself on the field. Exit completely out of the game and then restart your campaign. Then, on the campaign screen, click "Replay Mission." This will take you back to the beginning of your mission but with the advantage of allowing you to see all of the fantastic skins which have been lovingly created by members of the OBD team and by many others for use with this wonderful simulation of WWI aerial combat. OBD has already assured us that this problem has been eliminated in the next version of Over Flanders Fields. Huzzah!

I don't much like the sound of this. Is this something you have to do every single flight? And is this all worth the trouble? It would be nice to fly the Pfalz and Eindecker without them just falling out of the sky for now reason :)

Thank you for the refreshments my good man.

Yes, the landmass is already there, you need only fly down to it. Actually, I grab map coordinates via the internet for the locale I wish to fly over at the Italian Front and enter those into the appropriate lines in the mission files.

Your last question I cannot answer BH, I am not using that mod myself.

Guys giv eme a lil bit to locate allomy old itlay stuff, and we will get it going for you i promise

You guys should work together, as the "Little Italy Connection", or the "MOFFia"! :buba::buba: :buba:

BH,

I can offer some help with mods, I think. Let me know what questions you have and I will try to answer them.

I have been in the middle of a self-imposed exile from OFF for the last few months, but I am ready to get back into the game, I think.

HPW

Thanks HPW. On that red print warning label on your FM and AI EW mod about ace skins not showing up, is the replaying the mission thing something you have to do every flight or just the 1st time?

I believe that you only have to do this once after (or is it before :wink: ), your first flight. So, if you fly several flights with the same pilot during your gaming session, you should only have to reload the mission once.

I assume that if you switch from one pilot/campaign to another or create a new pilot then you would have to do the start mission, exit, and reload mission thing all over again.

You are most welcome. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please feel free to comment on any of my mods, as well.