:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

SimQH totally sucks compared to this place. No avatars, no reply to PMs asking to upload files, not even a friggin' "jump to new posts" button. What a friggin' dump. Can we PLEASE move back here? Please please please?

Edited by Bullethead

Nothing stopping you from moving back here.

Go to SimQH briefly once a day to look for dev news (or wait for it to leak here), then spend the rest of your time here.

Problem solved.

As time progresses, more will do the same and the SimQH forum will be solely used by the devs and those needing to communicate with them.

Such a system is actually preferable and is the way it has been with the SF series where most of the community hangs out here and then pops in to the official Third Wire forums when seeking tech support or other questions for the developer.

But how does that serve the interests of either the devs or the customers? This is insane. SimQH is totally inadequate in basic forum features, let alone the widely recognized moderation issues there.

BTW, funny how this place won't let either of us type Sim Aitch Queue in the proper order. I edited my post several times trying to fix the apparent typo before I realized this forum wouldn't let me blaspheme by mentioning that other abominable place.

Edited by Bullethead

For the dev forums to only have traffic directly related to them and the community chit chat to be somewhere else is actually a good thing.

And the developers are perfectly welcome to continue using this site as well if they happen to have time and are interested in the daily chit chat stuff.

The only complication I have seen in the Third Wire/CombatAce setup is people going to Third Wire for tech support on mods and people coming to CombatAce to report bugs with the game engine, which is quickly resolved by someone suggesting that the poster seek help on the other site.

Most of what happens on other sim sites gets mentioned here sooner or later anyway, so it is not a bad thing to focus your time here.

All I really use SimQH for is to get some idea about various sims I may or may not be interested in-- kind of a one-stop clearing house I guess. Thats how I discovered OFF after a buddy of mine mentioned it to me, and that led me to SF2 series here (love that sim game). For train sim stuff I go to UKTrainsim but I post a bit on SimQH when people have questions about TS2012/Trainz. I seldom post in the other sim areas on SimQH as I have forums like this I can blather on :)

Bullet, the whole question about moving forth and back doesn't arise to me at all.

I am still here, and I can also go to SimQH - we now just have two places to visit.

If I want to upload something for the OFF community, I can do that here, if the

other way is too complicated. Where's the problem?

I do the same as streakeagle says, I only go to SimQH to check what the Dev's say and then come back here. One of the biggest problems I have with SimQH is a certain person who posts about everything and really does not know much at all. As a result, this individual clouds and confuses the issues and when confronted about it, never admits that they are incorrect.

Here we go again...

The WHY we moved was explained in several sickies etc.

Back to developing..

No need to go over this again - there was a lot of discussion about the move back when it happened.

It is what it is, and we'll all have to deal with it.

Bullethead, please see your question in the OFF technical thread over there. Basically Doug did reply to you within 30 minutes of your original PM! I have a copy of it - please check your PM messages there carefully (make sure you are logged in of course).