Sign in to follow this  
Spinners

The US Coast Guard 'What If' Thread

From an idea by MAKO69...

If you've got any USCG 'what if' ideas post them here!

From my archive;

USCGTU-1601.jpg

USCGTU-1603.jpg

USCGTU-1604.jpg

USCGTU-1601.jpg

USCGTU-1602.jpg

Edited by Spinners

Tu-16 w/ 20mm turrets for use against smugglers!

and no fair on the Atlantique. i never got it DL'd before it was yanked.........

anyone up for a MH-64 SeaApache? similar in role to the MH-68 with FLIR and 50 cal pod. just a little more up gunned!

Edited by daddyairplanes

What about an MH-16C Block 40 well they stuck the radar on a P-3 so why not bring the rest of the plane along too ???

Tu-95?, Orion? Skyraider? Viking? Shackelton? Wow, lots of options

I never would have thought of those Spinners, neat birds. I was also thinking along the lines of due to escalation of the cold war/vietnam conflict (the SF2 Europe). The US Coast Guard has activated a small amount of essex class carriers to take over most of the a.s.w., anti shipping, and possible strike and intercepts for the Continental United States and a greater patrol area into international waters off the US coast's to free up the US NAVY which needs all hands abroad for the afore mentioned escalating wars. Aircraft like the S-2 Tracker, E-1 Tracer, Skyraider, A-4 A,B,C and TA-4, P-2 Neptunes, Fj3/4 Furys, F-11 Tigercat, F-3 Demons, F-9 Couger Panthers in Coast Guard Colors.

S3Viking_USCG05.jpg

US3BViking_USCG05.jpg

Edited by MAKO69

Martin B-57A Canberra - US Coast Guard, 1973

USCGB-57ACANBERRA01.jpg

USCGB-57ACANBERRA02.jpg

USCGB-57ACANBERRA03.jpg

USCGB-57ACANBERRA04.jpg

USCGB-57ACANBERRA05.jpg

I've been a bit short of time tonight to finish this one properly but I hope you like it. I still think the 'starbars' look better on the fuselage though!

nother idea tho it would have to come from the other site...... found out today that the US Forestry Service bought 25 retired AH-1Fs and converted them for use in scouting and command and control of fire fighting. colors fairly similar to the USCG........

also E-3 Sentry for USCG/DEA efforts in the southern ADIZ