Stary

F-19 redo

Summary: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 is to be a fan-developed retro-style faithful remake of Microprose's venerable flight simulator F-19 Stealth Fighter. Released November of 1988, F-19 was preceded by Project Stealth Fighter (1987) and followed by Nighthawk F-117A Stealth Fighter 2.0 (1991). F-117A is generally considered to be a graphics upgrade of F-19 while replacing the F-19 aircraft model with the F-117 and adding additional theaters and options.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3639281/1.html

sounds like it will be fun

Yes. Sounds like really interesting project. Also the idea of a stealth plane is really different to everything we are used to flight.

BTW. Maybe, you guys can offer him a dedicated forum here.

Edited by Stratos

F-19 was good, but F-117 somehow missed the mark, despite having updated graphics, more theaters, and the proper stealth model. It just felt off.

Anyway, I'd like to see it.

Loved both these sims, F-19 ruled for ages, but it also had an engine sound that could have been used to torture people with. F-117A was so much better for sound, and in every other way, it only suffered because it was not as fresh a concept any more, and sims that appeared right after it did, that were way ahead of it. I think it didn't have the same impact because people moved on fast to the stack of new sims.

Edited by zzzspace

I had the idea of Microprose F-19 sequel since I saw a newly developed then Microprose F-117 and all my dreams were broken — a mere cosmetical patch. Not even what was Microprose F-15.

And then I decided to do it myself.

armament.png

I've contacted Sid Meier using paper snailmail in early 1990s (can you imagine the world w/o Internet yet? :) ), and Lt. Col. Stealey some years ago. But they are not interested, to my sorrow.

So I am still dedicated as before to my 1989th year dream of getting even better F-19, with more of that funny mud-moving, space refuelling stations and so on (some excerpts are here: http://hawks.indians.ru/concepts.htm — perhaps a 0.5% of game concepts I had prepares last years).

If you wish to join this F-19 revival — please contact me. My weapon of choice is Unity, so experienced 3d modellers and Uniti gurus are welcome.