Olham

Skins for the "Italian Front User Built Campaign" uploaded

My five Albatros D.III OeFFAG skins for our "Little Italy" campaign are uploaded now.

They should soon be approved and available for download.

The skinning I guess is a rather easy part of it all. I wonder how the rest is going on?

Master Olham, I spent several hours with Master Stumpjumper last night on skype..

And this is growing by leaps and bounds..

Becoming a major effort..

Thanks to all who have shown a interest and are helping in the effort

Thanks for the beautiful Skins i will download them and give them a Good wrecking..

Off to wreck OFF..

As always - excellent set of skins Olham. Thank you for sharing them with us

Very nice skins, Olham. Thanks for building and sharing these with us Sir. :good:

Thank you, Lou - one of them is a co-project of you and me; I used your Backhausen & Söhne fabric; thanks for that!

I see you will also add some to our "Little Italy" project; your SPAD is looking good!

I wonder if you can assist HouseHobbit about the mission building -

I guess you have at least some knowledge of the war down there?

This is Too Cool!!

I have set up 15 missions thus far, and have more in the works..

This has become something more then first expected..

And I am having a ball..

Finding information is a true hassle..

it should be called the hidden airwar..

Except for the itallian bombers and their use thwere is not a lot of info out there..

But as always I welcome any assistance in this matter..

Thanks to the Masters here for the kind and wonderful responce..

Bravo..

Rather than start yet another thread about skins for the Italian Front, I'm just going to add on to this one from now on because it's got a good title :).

Anyway, I bashed out a KuK hex-edged, 2-tone skin for the Hannover. This is based on, and is intended to be used as, an UFFAG C.I, mid-late 1918.

I've made better skins but I was in a hurry this time.

post-45917-0-21043500-1347239301_thumb.jpg

One thing I forgot to mention about the Hannover....

I haven't flown it in a long time so I'd forgotten this, but it's got a nasty bug on the underside of the upper wing. Basically, the texture of the center part of the lower side of the upper wing spreads out and goes all along the trailing edge out to the wingtips. You can ONLY see this when you're flying it, however. From the outside it looks perfect. But when you're flying it, just ignore the underside of the upper wing, regardless of what skin you're using. They all have this problem.

Below are 2 pics illustrating this problem. From outside, as you can see, all looks fine. But from the cockpit, YUCK!

post-45917-0-66359300-1347240189_thumb.jpg

post-45917-0-86929800-1347240196_thumb.jpg

Bullethead and everyone, feel free to post your skins in here.

That's why I chose this title - it was meant for everyone (no use in having 5 skin threads).

Good to have another skin ready for "Little Italy" - I wonder how far the mission builders are?

I never flew the Hannover, so I didn't know about this distorting skin.

I never flew the Hannover, so I didn't know about this distorting skin.

In all this time, you've NEVER flown the Hannoever?!?!?!?!? :blink: Geez, you really need to get out of your Albatros more often. Variety is the spice of life! And if you don't fly all the wonderful (and un-wonderful) planes of OFF at least a little, you're not getting your money's worth :).

The Hannover's not too bad a ride for a 2-seater. It's reasonably fast, very stable, and solidly built. It also has a phenomenal turn rate and very short turn radius that no scout can match. At least once you get it turning. That's the trick--the roll rate is very low so it takes a while to get into (or out of) a turn and even longer to reverse turn directions during a dogfight. This means you have to plan your passes in advance and make slashing attacks on targets chasing somebody else because you'll never be able to stay on an enemy's tail unless he stupidly keeps turning in the same direction or flying straight. This is a fun challenge.

I did not know about that glitch on the Hannoever, but then I've never painted one either. Have logged a fair amount of stick time in them though, and I agree with your assessment BH of the flight characteristics of the bus.

BTW, nice skin Bullethead, quickie or not.

I did not know about that glitch on the Hannoever, but then I've never painted one either.

The bug isn't all that noticeable with the stock skins because they're all pink lozenge underneath. Although the center section (wood) and outer panels (fabric) have different patterns, they blend together well enough that you probably won't see the problem if you're looking at other planes or the ground. But if you look at your own plane, like to see how badly your wingtip's been shot up, you'll see it. That's how I noticed it.

With my skin, the high contrast between the dark wood center and unpainted fabric outers makes it extremely obvious. I guess I'll have to do something to tone this down some, like painting the center section with the yellow paint used in the camo pattern. So hold off on downloading this skin until I can post a revised version.

This is a really strange problem I've not seen in any other plane or sim. It's not a conventional texture mapping problem that gives us fits making parts line up. The Hannover has plenty of those in the tail area. It's somehow related to how the skin is drawn when you're in virtual cockpit mode.

Bullet, I only like flying fighters. I have flown the DFW for a while in the DiD Campaign, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

I like the DH-2 and even much better the Sopwith Pup occasionally, and the S.E.5a and the SPAD XIII too.

But I am never long away from my lady - the Albatros. It must be love...

Hannover News:

1. Uploaded a new version of the 2-tone skin that minimizes the effects of the underwing distortion problem. Also did some minor other tweaks here and there.

2. Uploaded a mottled camo skin for the Hannover, as shown here.

post-45917-0-11553000-1347296194_thumb.jpg

Bullet, I only like flying fighters.

Who says you can't play fighter in a 2-seater? :drinks:

Edited by Bullethead

Who says you can't play fighter in a 2-seater? :drinks:

Yeah, I know - I have been flying the Brisfit a bit, and it's a great fighter.

But I prefer single-seaters.

I'm finally done with Austrian 2-seater skins. Here's the last, the unpainted DFW representing the most common "paint job" of the KuK air force, especially Brandenburg C.Is which this is supposed to be.

I gave this one a nice, dark, varnish which appears to have been common with several Austrian airplane companies. Despite its apparent simplicity, this was actually a very fiddly skin to do. Paint covers up a lot of problems you're not even aware exist until you try to do without it :).

So, the BH airplane factory now is out of work and all the employees will be sent to the front lines unless somebody places another order. Are there any other skins that need doing?

post-45917-0-44302400-1347385119_thumb.jpg

Now that is another KuK beauty you painted there, Bullet - or should I say: you did NOT paint...

To all here posting skins.

I request permission to build stand alones using your wonderful work

to be uploaded with the Italian package

Full credit to the men who allow this shall be given of course..For their work..

These standalones will ONLY Be for the Italian package and NOT Uploaded or shared in any other place or package..

Master Bullethead has given permission for His work and i do hope.

The other Masters shall concider allowing Me to make stand alones to include their Skins, in this large package that is developing..

Thanks to all..

Sure, Hobbit - use my skins; they were solely made for the "Little Italy" Campaign.