Thanks for the reply, I just figured out that I bungled the terrain install, its all working now. NF5 is the most fun I've had with a Thirdwire sim ever, thanks so much!

Happy new year!

Greg

Ok folks.....a bit of a strange one here..... I've had installed for quite some time and it always worked perfectly for me. I've been on a flying hiatus since before new year however. I finally got some free time tonight and i decided to get some of my rust off. So i stated up, loaded some DACT missions i created just for training. All worked well. Then i decided to try the mission creator. Punched up quick action.....and the sim froze before entering the hangar screen. I Tried create mission and the same happens. It can't be the hangar screen because it works just fine with the premade missions. I tried my Falklands install and it still works without issues..... I tried changing eras, years, theaters, planes...... the sim always crushes when i try to start a custom mission. The thing is haven't even played since ever let alone install anything new to cause the crashes..... Does anyone have any idea what this might be? 

Cheers and happy flying.....

FFS! Why do I need to buy Expansion Pack 1 and 2 in order to play this!

Wow, 3rd post and already p***ing me off...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

FFS! Why do I need to buy Expansion Pack 1 and 2 in order to play this!Yes! 

Yes! Why do we even need to buy SF2 to run this?  It should be setup to run on its own!  Hell, while we're on the subject, why make it so we even need to own a PC to play it in the first place!  More free stuff, man!

thanks for this amazing install... but i think i am doing something wrong... i follow all the instructions but i dont see all these new aircrafts exept the F-15 ... can you help please??

I have a problem,

I installed this correctly. however in Red Tide(WP) and some other campaigns for red side. Only the IL-28R is able to be chosen in a campaign? Is there a fix for this?

i cant play IL-28 at all....every time i try to take off, the plane explodes.....it explodes so fast i dont have the time to even screen cap.....basically it explodes as soon as the rear wheels leave the ground......

no other plane explodes on take-off.... T_T

14 minutes ago, boogoloo2020 said:

i cant play IL-28 at all....every time i try to take off, the plane explodes.....it explodes so fast i dont have the time to even screen cap.....basically it explodes as soon as the rear wheels leave the ground......

no other plane explodes on take-off.... T_T

0.jpg

Easy to fix. On the plane's DATA.INI set the plane airbase size =SMALL.

I'm having a few issues I think are related to the mod itself or the campaigns at play:
- Lack of target aircraft / enemies and loiter time during Fighter Sweep and CAP missions: sometimes I just RTB completely after reaching bingo because nothing happens at the CAP zone, bandits are all too far away and don't show as "mission objective" and, during briefing, it states Loitering Time as zero, so I have no idea for how long I must stay in CAP.

- Frequent "Mission Failed" during CAS missions; at best I can do two passes before Mission Controls calls mission failed and tells me to RTB, I believe this is due to the friendly troops in contact being wiped out, although it's mostly due to bombers. But this is an issue I do not have on the base game, it seems it doesn't matter how many "mission objetive" enemies my squadron destroys, the friendly troops always get wiped out first and mission fails, I'm totally skipping CAS missions now due to this.

- Weak bombs / extremely low blast / damage radius?: Ground 500 lbs GP bombs and AT/GP rockets don't seem to do anything to enemy tanks unless they hit right on top of them. Same for some strategic objetives like Warehouses. I dropped two 1000 lbs not more than 20 meters from the warehouse and, although the warehouse itself how engulfed into flames, it didn't get destroyed. CAS and Strike missions seem to depend on you hitting the target exactly even with huge payloads, even my AI teammates are having a hard time killing enemy troops in this mod; is this a campaign problem?

Cheers, thanks!

Sounds more like a game issue rather than a campaign issue. You have to hit the warehouses dead on for the kill/mission completion. I'd recommend you download the Range Terrain and practice your bombing technique there and try your best at the campaign.