stumpjumper

italy/ah testing set up

i already have 2 ppl on board house hobbit and haukbee, need to more volteers to test the set up, first 2 that pm willbe on board,, basically it will be saving a couple of folders form orignal off and droppng in items to replace them,, preety simple im putting the test set up togther today

Stumpjumper, as I mentioned in another one of the threads concerning this project, I'd be happy to help with testing.

A Honorable group of gentlemen indeed.. :friends:

And the game is afoot!!

Or in case of a hobbit: A furry foot..

Edited by HouseHobbit

Wonderful!!

Stumpjumper is building the items for most of this right now, with the exception of the work here by the other Masters..

I will help organize this as it is sorted..

It is a wonderful resonse by all here..

BRAVO.. Guys BRAVO!

I PM'd Stumpjumper but haven't heard from him yet. Is anyone interested in my doing some FM's and DM's for any of the planes for the Italian front missions? Of course, the aircraft that appeared on both the Western and Italian fronts can use the FM's and DM's that they already have, but what about the planes that appeared exclusively on the Italian front, like the D III Oeffag or the Aviatik? Perhaps Stumpjumper has already taken care of this? If not, I would be more than happy to help.

How long would the OeFFAG Albatros 153 take to make an FM and DM for?

I would love to see these done like they should be (more stabile and stronger).

HPW, it would definitely be worthwhile to have some FMs and DMs for planes we don't have, to make their "stunt doubles" more believable.

Besides the OeFFAG Albatri, we also need something for the most common KuK fighter, the Aviatik D.I. As with most KuK planes, there were several versions of this with varying performance due to using different types of engines. We also need something tweaked to fly like a Hanriot. That's just off the top of my head.

For the Aviatik, only the Fokker D.VII looks close enough; I'd start from there, but give her a different "Aviatik" FM.

For the Hanriot we could use the Sopwith Pup - with a special FM again?

gentle man sorry for he delay in the release of the intial testing files unfortunitly with my job i am subject to 24hr call in being i work for a cariologist, on my way back in in a few moment, i am off tommrow i will send every one the setup files, or access to dl them,,,, with details on how to install and and a few standalones and what they need,, once again sorry for the delay

stump

How long would the OeFFAG Albatros 153 take to make an FM and DM for?

I would love to see these done like they should be (more stabile and stronger).

It depends. I can probably whip up a basic version of each plane in a day or two while I gather info for a more complete version which would probably take another 3-4 days or so.

HPW, it would definitely be worthwhile to have some FMs and DMs for planes we don't have, to make their "stunt doubles" more believable.

Besides the OeFFAG Albatri, we also need something for the most common KuK fighter, the Aviatik D.I. As with most KuK planes, there were several versions of this with varying performance due to using different types of engines. We also need something tweaked to fly like a Hanriot. That's just off the top of my head.

Okay, the OeFFAG DIII, an Aviatik and a Hanriot. The OeFFAG (with 200 or 225 HP engine) can be based on the German D III, the Aviatik D I (with 200 HP engine) can be based on either the Fokker DVII or the Nieuport N28, and the Hanriot on a Nieuport 11 or Sopwith PuP?

Did I also see a Short sea plane somewhere around here, or was that just my fevered imaginings?

gentle man sorry for he delay in the release of the intial testing files unfortunitly with my job i am subject to 24hr call in being i work for a cariologist, on my way back in in a few moment, i am off tommrow i will send every one the setup files, or access to dl them,,,, with details on how to install and and a few standalones and what they need,, once again sorry for the delay

stump

No problem Stumpjumper. Look forward to looking at your goodies!

We have the Hanriot, from Stump for this, I have the mission set up... Aviatik D.I. would be a wonderful addition..

Bravo guys!

Just to be clear, are there ANY planes that do NOT have an FM or DM for both the human and the AI pilot yet?

I think I can make any of the non-flyables flyable by us humans, although they won't have any interior cockpits unless someone is willing and able (I'm willing, but not able) to create textures for them. You can still navigate using the instruments provided by CFS3 via the Ctrl-Shift-1-4 keys.

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

Just to be clear, are there ANY planes that do NOT have an FM or DM for both the human and the AI pilot yet?

Quite a few of Stumpy's planes lack the ability for humans to fly them. Of the planes he's made, he's only uploaded a few here (all very long ago), so I can't give you the complete list. I suggest you talk to him.