Wrench

Central America Terrain for SF2

- For SF2, Any & All (Full-4/5 Merged Reccomended*)

This terrain covers the area from Belize, down to Columbia, centered on the Panama Canal. Some regions are a bit truncated (eastern El Salvador), and some areas are not targeted.

This terrain does =NOT= have the SF2NA "NavalMap" statement activated in any inis. It is designed =ONLY= for ground-based air forces. It is highly suggested it remain as such. However, the _water.bmp does have 2 "Blue Side" coded carrier stations, one in the Pacific and one in the Caribean. Again, its not reccomended for CV usage; as once the "NavalMap=TRUE" is activated, all USMC carrier-capable aircraft will now ONLY fly from The Boat.

The LimitedNations statement is set to TRUE, allowing only for 'regional powers' (with a few exceptions).

Many of the included GroundObjects you may already have -- install them anyway. A majority of them have had the "issuing" user nations corrected, and the appropriate UserList created. The included Ships have also been updated as per SF2NA.

Geophysical Disclaimer: some rivers and other water features may not follow their Real Life ™ courses, or be placed in their Real Life ™ locations. Several cities and other physical features may also fall into that classification.

However, 2 Easter Eggs are emplaced on the map. You should be able to guess where, and what they are.

As always, unzip this to a temp folder or your desktop, and you'll have access to the rest of the readme for it's instructions. It's reccomended you read the document through after unzipping, but before installing. As always, the Notes and Other Nonesense section may make for entertaining reading. Please also read the New Standard discalimer, as it's been changed slightly.

Happy Sightseeing!

wrench

kevin stein

*Full-5 reccomended if one activates the Carrier Zones - NOT reccomended*

just wish I could have done something better with the Canal

oh, I forgot to mention, the bridges will 'turn on' in their Real Life ™ years.

all the airplanes are readily available!

I got a crash at 80% loaded every time so I removed all the ships from the types.ini file and it worked fine after that...?

don't edit the types ini!!!! EVER!!!!! (unless you backed it up first!! :biggrin: )

if have any other than the original release version of the Fletcher (it's used several times), rename it's folder and try again. The most recent release/build is causing the game to lock and crash.

Or edit the targets ini, and swap it out for SumnerFRAMs

(btw, it works fine for me, but ... I've got the original Fletcher up-converted with NA statements. Its in the WW2 Naval units pack)

Ok thanks I will try that. Out of curiosity does editing the types.ini folder by removing the ship have a negative effect? I have done it to other terrains to solve this issue. I have done it by simply copying and pasting the data for the type from the bottom of the list into the place of one of the ships in the list and re numbering it. I repeat this until all the ships have been removed.

Kevin , i dont find any of this drug lord castle or drug laboratory in the jungle that i could destroy :lol:

Out of curiosity does editing the types.ini folder by removing the ship have a negative effect

yes, it can and does ... by removing the types listing, it negates any and all entires for that item in the targets ini. It used to NOT cause problems ... but lately, there's a lot of 'oddness' happening internaly. It used to just ignore the entry, skip over it and go on (you can see this on the WW2 maps, were I got lazy and just renamed the static parked aircraft, instead of deleting the entires and renumbering each target type listing -- way too much work, and I'm too lazy!! :biggrin:

usually, as we've been discovering, 80% is 'ground objects', and with SF2NA (or full-5merged), it was ships causing the lock/crash. So, myself and others did the logical thing .. remove all but the 2 stock cargo ships, all the 3rdParty warships (excepting 3W warships), and add them back one at a time to ghe GO folder. I don't remember who actually figured out it was the 'new' Fletcher, but that was the bugger. By using the old one, it dosen't do it.

raven: sorry, my CIA/DEA contacts wouldn't tell where they were. besides, we don't have the 'paper wrapped bomb' they used in the movie to drop on them!

I'll make up for it on the New Guinea map, by adding a 'cryptid hatchery' (ie: google ropen)

Using the Fletcher from your WWII ships pack did the trick. Would you mind please posting a download of all the ships you have updated to SF2NA standards as there are still lots of terrains out there that want to use ships as targets etc?

Thanks mate,

Dan.