Sign in to follow this  
QQ123

SF2 can use radar to lock on multiple targets simultaneously?

Hi,Guys,

I heard that SF2 can lock on multiple targets simultaneously, Is it true?

In reality, TWS radar multi target attack, it can SF? If not, then why is there STT radar set in AVIONICS.INI? :biggrin:

Yes the F-14A can if you have SF2NA - you can lock up multiple targets in TWS mode to guide multiple active AIM-54As to multiple bombers.

STT (Single Target Track) is the mode the radar goes to when you have full lock on a single target only - this is the mode required to be able to guide a Semi Active missile like the AIM-7 where only one can be guided at any one time (although active missiles can still be fired at a single target locked in SST).

• Like 1

Yes the F-14A can if you have SF2NA - you can lock up multiple targets in TWS mode to guide multiple active AIM-54As to multiple bombers.

STT (Single Target Track) is the mode the radar goes to when you have full lock on a single target only - this is the mode required to be able to guide a Semi Active missile like the AIM-7 where only one can be guided at any one time (although active missiles can still be fired at a single target locked in SST).

I know what is the STT radar.

But in the game ,if other fighter can‘t use the TWS radar multi-target attack ,their TWS radar and STT radar function are the same? :blink:

Edited by QQ123

http://www.thirdwire.com/man/sf2/Strike_Fighters_2.htm#Using the Radar on F-15A

http://www.thirdwire.com/man/sf2/Strike_Fighters_2.htm#Using the Radar on F-14A

http://www.thirdwire.com/man/sf2/Strike_Fighters_2.htm#Using the Radar

Some of the modern day mods will probably allow you to fire multiple Active missiles (AIM-120 for example) using TWS - cant tell you which ones.

You have to switch to AvionicsF14A.dll on the Aircraft.ini file. I.e. Avionics70.dil to AvionicsF14A.dll in the F-15A ini. although i dont know what effect it will have on the total radar function of the F-15 since i haven't tried it. you may not be able to display correct symbology.

You have to switch to AvionicsF14A.dll on the Aircraft.ini file. I.e. Avionics70.dil to AvionicsF14A.dll in the F-15A ini. although i dont know what effect it will have on the total radar function of the F-15 since i haven't tried it. you may not be able to display correct symbology.

The avionicsF14A.dll would need the Avionics70.dll code in it for the F-15 avionics to still work at all. If you want to use the AvionicsF14A.dll its likely you would need to rewrite the F-15A_avionics.ini file - or at least base it on the F-14A_77_avionics.ini. (unless you can include 2 different dlls now in the main ini of course)

Both Avionics 70.dll and F14A.dll have the same air to air functions i.e. search,TWS, SST and ACM functions with the exception of multi track and shoot system so i figured F14A.dll can support this functions of the Avionics70 although i think you need some files from the F-14 folder like bmps and ini entries to employ them correctly.

I use it on the Super Hornet and there's a few tweaks I used but it'll function the same, just you won't get the numbering system.

I tried it on the F-15E and it kinda worked. Just no numbering like you said and it look like and it look like a single track but you know you're lock on multiple targets when CTRL+R doesnt work and all your aim-120 hit different targets. Also i think AvionicsF14A doesnt support Ground radar mode.

one thing i don't like about f14a.dll is i can't go STT from RWS if active radar missiles are selected. tms up always flips it into TWS. you can't ctrl R and tell if it's friend or foe in this way...

I tried it on the F-15E and it kinda worked. Just no numbering like you said and it look like and it look like a single track but you know you're lock on multiple targets when CTRL+R doesnt work and all your aim-120 hit different targets. Also i think AvionicsF14A doesnt support Ground radar mode.

No it doesn't support Ground Mapping, then again I just don't use it anyway.

And since it's been awhile I know that you simply select and it will cycle targets and works fine. Doesn't make them more accurate but it works.

No it doesn't support Ground Mapping, then again I just don't use it anyway.

And since it's been awhile I know that you simply select and it will cycle targets and works fine. Doesn't make them more accurate but it works.

decided to Copy the radar folder and the Radar entries on TMF's F-14's avionics ini and...

Do we have an text script for the AIM-120 same as the In PH showed in the pic? since the F-15 can only sport !20s

Not sure, I'm not an ini guru as that would have to be setup (if my brain serves me right, Crusader?) that you'd have to modify the cockpit.ini file so it can call up the weapon names, etc.

Or you can ask Crusader and see if he'll tweak the avionics...

Thanks, will try to do it myself for now. :biggrin: This messing around thing is kinda addictive. Feels good when you get it right. really frustrating when you get it all wrong.. :biggrin:

The IN SW/SP/PH are .tga's if memory serves correctly, and the designations are found in the avionics.ini of the F-14. You could make your own if you wanted.

• Like 1

Thanks, will try to do it myself for now. :biggrin: This messing around thing is kinda addictive. Feels good when you get it right. really frustrating when you get it all wrong.. :biggrin:

Just back up your stuff either way.

• Like 1

saisran, I don't think tou need the F-14's radar folder and TGA's. Look at this:

[TargetSearch]

SymbolType=TARGET_SYMBOL

ShowPriorityTarget=TRUE

TextureName=cockpit\F-15A_FullTarget.tga

IFFTarget=cockpit\F-15A_IFFTarget.tga

Hit1Target=cockpit\F-15A_FullTarget.tga

Hit2Target=cockpit\F-15A_FullTarget.tga

;ImageSize=0.0625

ImageSize=0.08

[TargetTWS]

SymbolType=TARGET_SYMBOL

ShowPriorityTarget=TRUE

ShowTargetDesignation=TRUE

FlashOnShootCue=TRUE

FlashRate=0.2

TextureName=cockpit\F-15A_FullTarget.tga

IFFTarget=cockpit\F-15A_IFFTarget.tga

Hit1Target=cockpit\F-15A_FullTarget.tga

Hit2Target=cockpit\F-15A_FullTarget.tga

;ImageSize=0.0625

ImageSize=0.08

RotateToHeading=TRUE

Add ShowPriorityTarget=TRUE to TargetSearch and add that and ShowTargetDesignation=TRUE, FlashOnShootCue=TRUE, and FlashRate=0.2 to TargetTWS. Make sure Radar ranges in TWS match those in Search and Bob's your uncle. (That just means you're in business.) And yeah, this "messin around stuff" does get addictive.

Edited by SupGen
  • Like 1

Thanks SupGen gonna do as you say.

Also, im not sure if is hould make another topic bout this. I searched combatace but couldn't find anything bout it. Ok, im not really sure on the RL Backfire-C capabilities but as for the Thirdwire ones, they took a head on Phoenix shot at max velocity kept fying like it was nothing. tried it again and one took 3 AIM-54A before going down completely intact. Any number of AIM120s, sparrows and winders are completely useless unless fired from a point blank range, simultaneously and in quantity with the help of 80 vulcan rounds. I went in again with a phoenix with 500kg Explosives and it took that one and went down but looks relatively unharmed. The only single phoenix kill was when it hit from the side and took out a wing... So my question is... is this a fateful representation of this monstrous bomber or did TK gave the Backfire-C Carrier grade armour?