Sign in to follow this  
macelena

Eleven years ago...

I was an eleven year old war nerd. It was lunch time here when news arrived. Dad was not yet back from work...navy. My mom told me to look at the news in the kitchen. I told her that hole was too big for it to be a cessna. After that, another fireball showed up at the side of the frame. None of us wich saw it happen live will ever forget.

double duty today. this is also my wife's birthday. we were in Germany and she was shopping for her birthday meal and cake that i was supposed to make after i got off duty. i had to call her to say get to my DFAC asap. she got there in time to see the south tower fall. the cake never got made, and i was at the unit until 10 that evening. she hasn't really celebrated her b-day until last year after bin laden was dead.

to those that lost their lives eleven years ago :salute:

My classmates and I were in progress at school in the area of ​​Marigot, the headteacher abruptly entered the room yelling "They attacked the United States !". It had to be 9 or 10am. A few minutes later, they brought a television in the class room by placing it on the desk in front of us, just in time to see the second aircraft hit the second tower, all in live. A few years later, between us, we called this day "the end of the innnocence."

My wife flew to Rhode Island the day before. She was stranded there when the airspace was shut down, she got the last rental car in the city to drive back and left late that day...she passed north of Manhattan, but saw the smoke in the south. I was stuck here powerless to do anything.

My cousin was working in the 2nd tower and made the smart decision to get out after the first plane hit. She was halfway down the stairs when the 2nd hit, said it was the most horrible single moment in her life. She passed firefighters going up the stairs, said they never came out. She was still running away from it when it collapsed. Her bloodstained shoes (from the blisters she got from running in "business appropriate" shoes that are really unsuitable even for walking in) I believe were donated to the 9/11 museum. I posted the story she wrote for her newspaper in NJ here last year on the 10th anniversary.

When i came home from work at this day, i found my wife sitting for the TV watching something what i thought it was a Hollywood thriller. Burning Sykscrapers, it must be a Hollywood blockbuster. An so i said: "Do you have nothing better on TV, than this strange movie?"

And she answered "Its no movie, its real."

A long silence and then my words : "Oh s**t!" and my thought "That means war!"

I think the most of us know what they have done on this day and at the moment when the skyscrappes burned.

Salute to the people who lost their live.

Salute to the firefighters

Salute to the rescue teams.

Salute to all brave men and women.

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

I remember the images from that day, after coming back from school (first days of high-school)

in a way this was the day the world changed

since that day I had the honor to visit ground zero in person, hopefully in the future I'll get the chance and honor to visit the new WTC!

<S> to all the people who lost their life in this vicious attack

never again!

Eleven years ago....Frank Culpertson was the only American not on planet Earth. Looking down at New York City from the International Space Station, he managed to snap this powerful photo

cuWKt.jpg

just had lunch and went o play some gran turismo 2 on playstation.

a bit after mom called me a plane hit a building i arrived at the living room just to ear the reporter say a second just hit the second tower it was an atack!

we both mom and spent the rest of the day in front off the TV i turn on the TV on my o see monitor the outher chanels all were in non stop live broacast.

mom and my dad that was at work wre changing text messages via mobile fone until he arrive from work.

i dint the frist tower collape but i stil remember the second going down the report sayed its images off tower collapsing and some told on it live images he just say its live tower his donw.....

thats part off im count of that day

never felt so much anger and rage has on that day!