Sign in to follow this  
Sheriff001

My Alternate History Wiki Projects

I've been writing alternate histories on my wikia site. The most prominent of these is the "Nazi Cold War" series. Since I got back into SF2, I've decided to start taking things from that alternate history, and putting them into SF2.

Here's a link to the site: http://themarshall.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Nazi_Cold_War_series

So far, I've done the alternate F-4K and F-4M (with Canadian engines for Australia and Canada, rather than British engines for the RAF and RN), and I've partially done an RAAF F-106. Further in the pipeline is the "Messerschmitt Me 563" (a Nazi Mirage III). I am also thinking (in the long run) of doing a campaign based on this world.

Sounds very interesting. also keep in mind that many RL post war jets were built on German experience so the shape of Free World airpower could look very different......

Sounds very interesting. also keep in mind that many RL post war jets were built on German experience so the shape of Free World airpower could look very different......

Very true. My own modding talents are limited to decals and some repainting. I've tried to rationalise things by having independent discoveries. In the context of the Convair deltas, there was wartime research in the US on the subject. Lockheed designed an axial flow turbojet (the L-1000). Obviously, America did discover the most important Cold War technology.

However, the best response I can make to that point, is to say that anyone else who wants to run with this has my blessing to do so. I know I am at the "shallow end" of the mod community.

Here's a more definitive RAAF F-106, and two RAAF F-104Gs:

That F-106 scheme is beginning to grow on me. Unlike the USAF ADC, we never went in for gaudy markings. Our bicentenary (1988) certainly have the absurd aircraft markings as the US bicentenary.

I am trying to turn Longestpants' Israeli F-106AI into a sort-of SEA skin for the F-106.

So glad we didn't go down this path with the 104! There were so many superior platforms out there already. You could have replaced this with the Leyland P.76 in 1973 and STILL increased the RAAF's capabilities! :smile:

Personal tastes in aircraft aside, I'm really enjoying your alternate history, Sheriff!