MigBuster

Finally a dog that can walk itself

I thought Boston Dynamics called it Big Dog, anywhoo read about this in Scientific American and the idea behind it is to carry the gear of upto four plus soldiers on terrain where vehicles cant traverse, rucksacks additional ammo etc and other equipment thereby lighten the individual soldiers load. The BBC video doesnt do justice to its capabilities. The video below shows some cool/funny stuff.

Here's the thing McLovin. I couldn't stand to listen to that thing for 5 minutes let alone 5 miles. I'll take a pass on this one.

:poopy:

Yeah, Boston Dynamics christened it Big dog years ago. The part where the guy shoves it with his foot just blew my mind. That's how my dog recovers from tripping, it's amazing! Checkout the BD website, there's some awesome stuff there! Petman and Sandflea are my personal faves!

Check it out:

http://www.bostondynamics.com/index.html

Edited by SayWhatt

Here's the thing McLovin. I couldn't stand to listen to that thing for 5 minutes let alone 5 miles. I'll take a pass on this one.

:poopy:

Duhude,

I'd rather have this thing make noise and get shot at than my bum they're working out the real prob first, doubt that they're not aware of the lawnmower noise factor if they want additional DARPA funding...

Edited by Atreides

They need to make a model that pees chilled cola, mineral water or hot coffee.

Did you just call me Duhude? hahaha

The technology is terrific. Multi-gimbal / multi-gyro stabilization has come a long way. The AT-AT Walkers best idea yet. The noise obnoxious. At least put a beefy exhaust on the thing.

They need to make a model that pees chilled cola, mineral water or hot coffee.

I agree. If we need a pack mule why don't we just use a pack mule? Now the robot that can leap buildings that thing is gold.

I thought Boston Dynamics called it Big Dog, anywhoo read about this in Scientific American and the idea behind it is to carry the gear of upto four plus soldiers on terrain where vehicles cant traverse, rucksacks additional ammo etc and other equipment thereby lighten the individual soldiers load. The BBC video doesnt do justice to its capabilities. The video below shows some cool/funny stuff.

I think the beta version was quite impressive also:

Now that's funny. Thanks Neil..

:kudos: