HouseHobbit

Italian missions package update

To all involved,

I will be sending the testers, Via E mail, the "Basic" italian package of missions and aircraft,

I will be using the Masters skins uploaded to OFF in P2 aircraft, to prevent any Copywrite issues the the payware P-3 aircraft..

Stumpjumper has been in contact with the OFF Masters concerning all of this and notified all ..

I will ask for permission from the various Masters who developed the skins top allow me to include them in the Itallian package to make it easier for those who will be later dowwnloading all of this..Asking..Please..

I have done this this way in the past with permissions from many developers in the CFS3 family of men..

With full credits given to all the authors for their wonderful work

several of the developers and Authors have allowed me to include thier works in My Package uploads, and I always are grateful for their trust.

It will be Noted that none of this maybe uploaded or shared without permissions once the package is finished for the public ..

And Will be Uploaded ONLY to the Off site for the public..

So there will be P2 standalones with the proper skins included once permissions are given..

The testers will recieve this in the testing package, for testing only..

I will await once, I contact each person and discuss this..They will be included in the finals for all....

The package I will be sending to the testers will have the missions facilities and aircraft set up for this and ready to fly..

I spoke to Stumpjumper on this, and if any are having issues let me know directly and I will help sort any of this out..

Been doing this for years now so used to working up complex packages for the public..

**Masters feel free to contact me about ANY of this..

The work By many here is truly wonderful.

And this italian package I believe will blow away anything you all have seen here, except for the Off team and the BHAH and Off expansion itself..

I am setting up complex missions and situations for ths public to use in this package..

Many will be as always built Outside the Box..

and often outside the ability of the mission builder to do ..

I am able to build in ways the mission builder is not capible of handing and saving under normal missions..

And this being the first hobbit set to be uploaded for OFF I will try make it like you all have never seen..

Hobbits are like that ya Know CRAZY!!

Very few P3 aircraft will be used in this set due to the Copywrite issues concerning the OFF team,

Don't want to step on any toes here..

And Honor the Copywrite for all of the P3 stuff.

So you will recieve finished standalones(P2) and missions and ALL needed items for this..

Stumpjumper has sent the basic scenery files to the testers, it will also be included in the Tester package I will send out also..

As I recieve the needed permission so this will be a Great package for all, I will continue to build missions and setups as it is being tested..

It will take I believe a couple of weeks to finalize it all and get it tested..

THANKS TO STUMPJUMPER AND THE OFF TEAM

AND MANY THANKS TO THE MASTERS HERE WHO HAVE BUILT THE BEAUTIFUL SKINS THAT WILL BE NEEDED TO MAKE THIS WORK WELL FOR THE PUBLIC..

The Skins from the various Authors, will be used as I hear from them..

So it is all in the hands of the Off family of Masters so this can be done..

I just build missions and will organize this.. Using the Work of many to bring it all to life for the public..

this truly is a massive effort on the part many kind souls..

and organizing this will also be one..

Thanks all..

Edited by HouseHobbit

I will ask for permission from the various Masters who developed the skins top allow me to include them in the Itallian package to make it easier for those who will be later dowwnloading all of this..Asking..Please..

I've never been a master of anything but disaster so you can't be talking to me. But feel free to use my skins however you want. They were uploaded here for all to use to their hearts' content and all include a disclaimer of all copyrights, and that (per OBD request) they all started with an OBD skin, even if none of the original paintjob now remains.

I don't understand the need for P2 planes, however. Is that an OBD requirement or just an excess of caution?

I've never been a master of anything but disaster so you can't be talking to me. But feel free to use my skins however you want. They were uploaded here for all to use to their hearts' content and all include a disclaimer of all copyrights, and that (per OBD request) they all started with an OBD skin, even if none of the original paintjob now remains.

I don't understand the need for P2 planes, however. Is that an OBD requirement or just an excess of caution?

As I have been informed, The OBD team do NOT allow stand-alones for the P-3 paywre aircraft to be uploaded using skins built by others..

And from the information i have recieved The p-3 aircraft are off limits at this time..

So I will use what we are allowed to use P2 aircraft with proper skins for this package as not to cause any problems with copywrited p3 payware items..

To make this much easier for all to install when the finished package is released..

The needed aircraft will be included with the skins suppilied by the Masters here..

As permissions are given to me from each Master whio is building the needed skins..

Thanks to all for your help and understanding..

Hobbit, sure - full permission; my Austrian skins were solely made for this.

I wonder if anyone with historical knowledge has provided you with data about the airfields

and bases used by the various squadrons and units through the war in Italy?

Edited by Olham

As I have been informed, The OBD team do NOT allow stand-alones for the P-3 paywre aircraft to be uploaded using skins built by others..

If you were making something that stands alone, I could understand. But you're not. You're making something that cannot run without OFF any more than OFF can't run without CFS3.

The database here is full of missions other folks have uploaded. These contain 3rd-party skins, 3rd-party flying machines (Zeps, Gothas, etc.) and 3rd-party ground objects (submarine bases, searchlights, flaming onions). Some are also set in areas of the map where you can't fly during normal play, like Berlin, London, and Paris. Every one of these missions uses P3 planes and every one of them requires P3 to run, so does not stand alone. OBD has never had a problem with them, I see no legal basis for them to have a problem with such missions, and I completely fail to understand how your Italian project is any different at all.

Me neither BH tbh....I'm baffled as well

But Yup...My skins are free to do what you want with (I'm no snob about stuff like that)

I was informed I am NOT allowed to take p3 aircraft re skin them and rename them as Standalones to be uploaded with this package..

Period P3 aircraft are off limits..

The payware aircraft can not be re skinned and re named and added to this Non OBD add on package for Italy..

Which is okay by me..

These standalones would be P-3 developed aircraft re skinned and renamed, included with a Non OBD package..

Perhaps some one can direct me to one of the men in charge of the OBD group to give written permission to use the OBD aircraft to be included

and reskinned and named for this italian package..

That would be wonderfull

I have several aircraft developed by Stumpjumper that are not part of the p3 development That will be included, and as possible I will include all needed aircraft..

set up for the Itallian package..

If I can use P-3 payware aircraft, that are reskinned and included it would help out nicely..

Since all of this runs independently from the OFF manager and one will Not be able to access the OFF Manger while using this Itallian scenery package

One Must use standalones to have the proper skin for your player aircraft..

' You will not be able to pick the skin for the player aircraft in the OFF manager..

Since this is disabled during the use of the Italian missions..**As required by the OFF development team, as I have been informed..

I have had little experence with the OBD folks and i do wish Not to anger anyone by uploading something that might cause a legal issue..

Using OBD developed items in a Non OBD package..And included as part of the upload..

Not a problem to the team, then I will use p3 aircraft..

Edited by HouseHobbit

Hobbit, sure - full permission; my Austrian skins were solely made for this.

I wonder if anyone with historical knowledge has provided you with data about the airfields

and bases used by the various squadrons and units through the war in Italy?

The Italian scenery I have is supplied by Stumpjumper, I believe it was developed for Phase One of OFF

Not included in the Phase 3 payware ..

There are a very limited number of airbases in this scenery..and I am building and using what Stumpjumper has supplied..

Finding information on Squadrons and bases has been nearly impossible..

It has me amazed so little information is online for this..

As I said it should be called the Forgotten WW1 airwar..

Except for some info on the Itallian bombing campaign there isn't much..

Bummer..

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

Anyway, you can use my skins however you want, but I can't guarantee they'll work with P2 models.

When I have a chance, I'll send you what I have on the bases used by KuK squadrons. These will just be airfield names. I have no idea where they were on the map.

HouseHobbit, if you have built missions with Stumpjumper and others, and you want to upload them

to this forum's download section, then that is perfectly okay to use the OFF stuff in these missions.

This OFF forum even has a section for user-built missions; see here:

http://combatace.com/files/category/353-maps-missions-and-campaigns/

What you can not do is to make a package (a DVD or whatever) and distribute that on any other ways,

as that would be a copyright infringement.

HH, I would recommend you write the missions using the P3 aeroplanes and we can drop the custom skins into the appropriate texture folders as needed. That way you won't be in violation of any copyrights with OBD and we can have all the different kites at our disposal. I have a 2nd OFF folder set up just for the Italian Front so dropping the skins in to replace the defaults is no issue whatsoever as it will not affect my 'stock' OFF install.

Thank you again for all your efforts on this project, along with stmpjumper's. It is much appreciated. Also thanks to the skinners knocking out a few custom paints for this as well. It should all add up to a fun add-on.

Cheers!

Lou

Lou, do you mean you have two installs of OFF?

I hope someone will come up with an easy to understand as for how to install and use the Italian Campaign?

Otherwise I'd be lost... I'm not good at such things.

Thank you very much Gentlemen..

Your advice is Most welcomed..Being the new kid on the block I still have a bit to learn about how OBD folks work here..

I am building Historical missions today for this, and perhaps tomorrow to have a nice "Start" to send out with aircraft and Missions and scenery included..

Building in OFF BHAH is Great fun..

But I will admit sea planes SUCK!! Yea not a fan of flying boats!! :biggrin:

Learning to take off from water is a wild experence for the first time.. :flyer:

Off to wreck OFF..

Lou, do you mean you have two installs of OFF?

Sort of Olham. I actually have three different 'flavors' currently in use. Vanillia, (standard OFF); Chocolate, (OFF/MAW), and now Tutti Frutti, (Italian Front). All I do is create a copy of the entire OBD folder, rename it to whatever I wish, and create a desktop shortcut to the exe file in the new version to launch it . Easy peasey.

HH, the main pooba in charge of customer relations for OFF is Polvoski (he's also involved in a lot of the artwork on the menus, as well as the FM and DM, among other things). You can best reach him via the SimQH forum, which is now the official forum for OFF and WOFF. He's an extremely friendly and helpful chap and will be glad to answer your questions about anything related to OFF.

You might also try communicating with Windingman, Sandbagger, or Rex Hannover, although they don't tend to post as much as Pol.

Lou, I would have never dared to try that - but when you say it works fine, then your word shall be enough for me.

I supply below what I have for Italian and Austro-Hungarian units and aerodrome assignments. But as you correctly recognise, there is little detail in respect of precisely where the aerodromes were located (find the town that shares the aerodrome's name and pick a likely looking field) and precisely when a unit arrived and when it left. As I've mostly concentrated on the Western Front in this area of historical collation the below is an even less detailed WiP. But you're welcome to it if it's of any use.

I'm working my way painfully slowly through 'I reparti dell'aviazione italiana nella Grande Guerra' and may be able to provide more later.

Italian Campaign Units.doc

Edited by Dej

Sort of Olham. I actually have three different 'flavors' currently in use. Vanillia, (standard OFF); Chocolate, (OFF/MAW), and now Tutti Frutti, (Italian Front). All I do is create a copy of the entire OBD folder, rename it to whatever I wish, and create a desktop shortcut to the exe file in the new version to launch it . Easy peasey.

R_L....You "sly 'ol IL-2 dog". And yes you can have multiple "copies" of OFF_BHaH_HitR as well as P2 if you so choose.

O.T....Hey Olham: You can do the same with FSX and go one step further and generate new configs for each copy for flight updates, etc. I'm experimenting with Prepar3D to do the same.

plug_nickel

I supply below what I have for Italian and Austro-Hungarian units and aerodrome assignments. But as you correctly recognise, there is little detail in respect of precisely where the aerodromes were located (find the town that shares the aerodrome's name and pick a likely looking field) and precisely when a unit arrived and when it left. As I've mostly concentrated on the Western Front in this area of historical collation the below is an even less detailed WiP. But you're welcome to it if it's of any use.

I'm working my way painfully slowly through 'I reparti dell'aviazione italiana nella Grande Guerra' and may be able to provide more later.

Thank you Sir for this, it will be very helpful..

BRAVO!!

:clapping:

Good luck with the mod, but just to clarify what StumpJ meant to HouseHobbit - it is fine to make missions that call already installed craft or objects etc in an installed OFF Phase 3 you own of course, but we do not want a pack or addon to also include our models directly in that download or pack, or even modified in there. You need to obtain those from a legally owned copy of OFF of course.

Hope that makes sense.

Good luck with the mod, but just to clarify what StumpJ meant to HouseHobbit - it is fine to make missions that call already installed craft or objects etc in an installed OFF Phase 3 you own of course, but we do not want a pack or addon to also include our models directly in that download or pack, or even modified in there. You need to obtain those from a legally owned copy of OFF of course.

Hope that makes sense.

Yea what he said!!

:bowdown2:

That makes sense to a hobbit..

P3 off limits..

And rightly so.

:salute::salute::salute: