Sign in to follow this  
Do335

Limit only one rack to a weapon station

after doing some research I realized the outer wing stations on the F-4 can only carry 500lb class ordnance on MERs, like MK81s, 82s, Rockeyes, and similar british bombs. Meanwhile the center line station do have the ability to carry larger stuff on MER like m117 or CBU24, though only 4 of them.

have been thinking about ways to do this. I could reduce the MER's load limit, then create another MER with only 4 points and a higher loadlimit, but that won't stop the newly created MER showing up on outer wing station providing option to load for example...8 CBU24s.

I guess the only way to prevent MERs loading larger ordnance on outside wing is, create a seperate station, and limit that station to use one specific rack (6 slot MER) only. But is there a way to do this?

similar problem for the TER. only 2 mk83 or BLU-1 goes on a TER under the wings, but on the centerline it can carry 3....hmmm

Edited by Do335

ok I tried rackspecificstationcode but didn't work. double defined "bomb" weapon class causes funky stuff.

now on making a big weight limit TER and MER, increase their length to huge proportion and use lengthlimit in the station data so they won't get loaded on the wings. feels pretty cheap but works atm.

weapon length doesn't cause more drag in the flight model does it?!..

RackSpecificStationCode= does work if you add the code to the SpecificStationCode= in the data ini of the rack you want to use.

RackSpecificStationCode= does work if you add the code to the SpecificStationCode= in the data ini of the rack you want to use.

realize that. just didn't work for my purpose..ie

[leftouterwingstation]

allowedweaponclass=lgb, bomb, ter....

then

[leftouterwingstationMER]

allowedweaponclass=bomb, mer

rackspecificstatioincode=MER_500lb

ended up being able to load 2 mk84 per station without ter/mer. dunno exactly why tho

Edited by Do335

Yeah, you'll have to limit the length/diameter to avoid that, but it still won't be the 100% solution you're after. Unfortunately, I think your request may be too specific based on the way the game loads weapons.

Dels