Sign in to follow this  
FlashGordon2000

Finnish Air Force in The Scandinavian Front

Odd question but should the player be able to fly in the Finnish Air Force in the '66 campaign?

I could have sworn that the option to fly a MiG-21 in the Finnish Air Force was possible but when I tried this now, only the Swedish, Danish and Norwegian Air Forces were enabled.

I even tried to fly the MiG-21 in single mission and it wasn't available.

Which is odd because I think I flew it in a very brief Finnish campaign.

Have I gone completely nuts or has my install of The Scandinavian Campaign somehow gotten corrupted?

has the MiG been made flyable????

We use the Stock MiG-21F-21 with a cockpit attached. The Finnish Air Force is indeed flyable but during a patch, the .ini file may have been replaced and such, the aircraft again rendered unflyable.

Also, is the Gnat flyable? The Gnat should also be flyable for the Finns. If neither is flyable, unzip the file below in the respective Aircraft folder and see if that helps.

Gnat.rar

MiG-21F.rar

• Like 1

I managed to make the MiG-21 flyable again just by re-copying the TSF files.

I didn't realize the Gnat was flyable in the campaign. I saw AI Finnish squadrons flying it around and I thought, gee, that would be fun to fly.

The Gnat use the Hunter6 Cockpit; an oversight on my part. I have to re-adjust so it uses the Hunter9 cockpit. This is because as far as I am aware, the Hunter6 cockpit is Expansion Pack 2 only.

The MiG-21F-13 campaign is quite challenging due to the low ammo load of the cannon (30 rounds!) and the unreliability of the early model Atolls.

But there's something about hot MiG on MiG (or naughty MiG on Sukhoi) action that I find oddly compelling.

By the way - where is the fuel gauge in the MiG-21F-13?