Sign in to follow this  
ace888

1300 Fuel Tank problem on IIIO?

Anyone?

Today, all of a sudden no proper skin was shown on the 1300 fuel tank on the IIIO for its respective camo skin? What could be the problem?

Getting sick and tire of all sorts of ThirdWires' game having problems after each upgrade.

The funny thing was... I did not change a thing, just trying to play the game as is??? I even delete the entire IIIO DLC file and re-install it. Still the same problem. Maybe it is my dam computer?

Thanks in advance...

What is the exact problem?

Explain it please a bit more!

honestly I don't get the "patch broke my install" attitude so common around...

more info would be helpful

My apology friends...

The situation is when I select a squadron with a specific camo skin... I do see the right aircraft with the right squadron, but the "selected" 1300 fuel tank is all in light grey or you can call it silver color. The fuel tank does not match the camo skin of the selected aircraft.

Thanks for any assistance...

Personal Finding:

I deleted my entire SF2 Merged and started fresh.

1. SF2E/I/V updated to Nov. 2011 (no modifications or mod) - Unable to use DLC 17 due to the patch level to Jul. 2012 (dud.... being stupid).

2. I had a second installed of SF2E/I/V (thirdwire 2 setup) updated to Jul. 2012 - able to use the DLC 17.

After running the second installed merged game, the following was discovered:

Mirage IIIO(F) and Mirage IIIO(A) was able to read and configure the proper wing tank skins of all the 1300 ltr. fuel tank base on which skin I selected.

Mirage IIIO(F/A) was unable to read and configure ANY of its 1300 ltr. fuel tank WHEN SELECTING THROUGH ALL THE DIFFERENT SKINS! All the 1300 fuel tank show up light grey or silver, which ever you want to call it.

Please, anyone... can confirm what I discovered? It might be my computer, but I thought it because the IIIOA and the IIIOF works find.

TK, looks like you need to do another patch... :blackeye:

Edited by ace888

Extract the tank files and save them as a Bitmap!

Had something similar with the F-104G & Hunter Tanks

Extract the tank files and save them as a Bitmap!

Had something similar with the F-104G & Hunter Tanks

Interesting? I thought the .LOD can read .jpg and .bmp after all the patches? I made dedicated tanks for my IIIEP and IIIS and all use .jpg. The Mirage IIIOA and IIIOF was able to read .jpg no problem.

I guess I will try to convert it to .bmp and test it on the IIIOF/A.

Thanks Soulfreak

Edited by ace888

Changing into .bmp did not do the trick (at least for me). Decided to use the Mirage IIIOF .LOD for the mod.