Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Questions about Albatros book

This is a question to JFM; I have found a book by you at AMAZON, which isn't available yet,

about the Albatros D.I and D.II. Have you gone deeper into the subject than the previous

Osprey books? Will there be new info and photos in there?

Hi, Olham,

That's the book I just finished. It's been edited and is now being laid out and I think will be available in January. BTW, there is an Albatros DIII photo on that cover on Amazon. That cover is just a thrown-together WIP and won't be on the actual book.

This is part of their "Air Vanguard" series and focuses more on the machine than would a book about a unit or various aces. They wanted some combat thrown in there, too, but mostly it's about the plane(s). Table of contents includes Introduction, Design and Development, Technical Specifications, Operational History, Conclusion, Bibliography. I believe it was 20,000 words, 50-some photos (some new ones, yes), two 3-view illustrations (front, profile, planform) and three profiles that I drew, five drawings of various features drawn by another artist, and two outstanding battleviews done by Simon Smith. This is the first of three other books like it that I'll do. The next slated book is about the Alb DIII/DIII(OAW).

BTW, Jon Guttman has done one for the Sopwith Camel that I think will be out in October.

Sounds very promising, JFM! Especially the D.I is still a pretty much unknown craft it seems.

And I hope this will comfort you a little - the German AMAZON seems to show the right planes;

only for the E-book Kindle Edition they used a wrong D.III (of Werner Voss).

See here - that's what I got here:

Looking forward to it too!

I finally got this summer, Jim's first book on MvR... :read:

You lucky man - the book is already a rarity now here - I saw two second hand ones for over 100,- Euro on AMAZON!

But I also got it early enough.

:good: