Just some thoughts on the whole 3rd party module plans I see around. Well the first thing I am seeing is a lot of project announcements but not a lot progress. So far Razbam seems to be moving right along if they play their cards right and release around Christmas they could get that nice holiday sales boost. Iris just showed screenshots of the F-22 after being quiet for weeks now. At their rate I will be surprised if they ever release a module. VEAO has the Hawk in the works but even that is going slow. I think the DCS: Mig-21 will be out the gate first and even though I'm not a Mig-21 fan I will buy it anyway. Like to have a variety of targets to shoot down. :lol: Just my two cents.

You don't have to buy the Mig-21 to shoot it down. I'm only buying the models that I will actually fly. I know a lot of people will buy everything cause they want to support ed or the 3rd party builders, but that's not me. I'm sure all these aircraft will do good, but I see nothing in the works right now that I will spend my money on.

Well I'm interested in the Harrier and the Mudhen that's for sure. I would say the F-22 but I don't see that ever coming out.

Dave it's very nice of you to reboot the Lomac/DCS community at CA. I own FC2, BS2 and A-10C but I haven't played them in a loong time. My main deterrent from these games is their abysmal less than opimal performance even on powerful rigs. I remember that 1.1.1.0 patch for A-10C even DEGRADED FPS as compared to 1.1.0.9. So I'm still waiting with any further purchases until Eagle dynamics will bring the old lomac engine into the 21st century (performance wise...).

Thanks for reading (or not) my rant :D

Edited by SFP1Ace

most of the projects are projected to take 12-24 months.

For the F-22/F-15 they are showing screen shots of the external model using a stripped down LAU File. None of the systems are coded.

Even I have models in game using stripped LUA Files.

Yeah, MiG-21 and Combined Arms out-of-beta will be the first things post-FC3. They're also the only ones I've got money in. The rest is all "that's nice, let me know when I can actually get it" because I don't have a need to yearn for stuff.

i gotz money in nevada and FC3

everything else is "when its released" status.

Now, ED must provide me with something to keep me around for the 12-24 months it was projected to take those projects to complete.

A F-18C or something would be nice :p

Working MP with no issues, A-10s, F-15s, Flankers, Frogfoots, Tanks,....

As long as they fix the MP Crash issues in DCSW, I'll be good.

Edited by SkateZilla

I will try to support all of them if I can (and money allows). It will be nice to have some high fidelity combat aircraft that you can fly online with, and that isn't FSX eye candy (yes I'm aware of the modules being worked on for the F-18E).

Also, I don't care how long it takes (one year, two...), just don't want another vaporware product or rushed alpha pushed of as a finished product.

I wonder if any environmental addons or modules are in the works for DCS? I wouldn't mind purchasing something that improves AI coms, ATC functions, GCI, etc.

I payed for the Fishbed, and will get the F-15E from Razbam too, but they better do a Viper or a Hornet or I will not get anything more soon.