wonder if the pit is gonna be clickable or if he's going the "keyboard commands only" route. too early to tell as the pit is only partially mapped.

yeah, it does close pretty quick,.

I only skimmed from the posts, so:

Is IRIS up to making a (free?) F-14 compatible with all and any DCS game(s)?

i doubt they'll do anything for free.

If it's a Tomcat, and it's well-simulated, with a RIO cockpit as well, it's gonna be worth its money.really, how much was the F-14 for FSX?

[Ferengi]

Free?? Where's the profit in that?

[/Ferengi]

Canopy closes a bit fast.

Opens fast also, at least compared to a F-16, F-15, F-18 and A-10 all which I have seen.

Spoke to an airframer over at T-S, even those vanes were removed. The F-14D( R) and F-14B rebuilds had the airframe/avionics changes of the new-build B/D, from modified boat tail with the ECM antenna (the D( R)s were built out of Block 85 and 110 aircraft), to the necessary changes to support the F110 engine, glove vane system removal, glass cockpit and other system upgrades (dual TCS/IRST, APG-71, etc.). One of the only differences between the D( R)s and new build D's was that when the upgrades were in progress, some of the D( R)s (5 airframes) didn't get wired for TARPS. I haven't been able to find evidence as to whether or not they were retrofitted with the system later on.

EDIT: Wow, didn't know the parenthesis R made the copyright symbol automatically.

Right Caesar, the only F-14B that had glove vanes was the original with the PW401 engines( or whatever they were called) on the prototype F-14B in the 70s. I'm not even sure they were ever tested with the new motors. I've eyeballed a few F-14B® and F-14D®s and they're glove vanes were not there at all.

Of course, that single F-14B had little in common with the ones that served in the last 20+ years. That was truly just an A with the new engines that never made it. Did it ever fly with 2 of them? I remember seeing shots with one engine installed (the exhausts were so dissimilar it looked really odd) but I'm not sure if it ever got 2 before someone got the bright idea to just can it.

BUMP!

Are there any news on the project?I'm sorry 'bout bumping, but I didn't want to start a new thread over this, and I can't find much on the web either.

There hasnt been any information from Iris in a while, Most likely they are in the same stage as everyone else, "Coding".

There hasnt been any information from Iris in a while, Most likely they are in the same stage as everyone else, "Coding".

oh, k, thanks

Hi again (bumpy bump), I found out a few more things that you may/may not already know, but I just wanna post 'em.The project is called "Defender of the fleet", and I found some pics for you to drool over:

http://www.fscommunity.info/2012/10/defender-of-the-fleet/

for those of you with fb accounts:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151188844402416.467318.56985552415&type=1