Sign in to follow this  
Dave

The Command Center II

So here is what my simming area looks like now.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Of course having the required references within reach is a must.

where's your safe for the nuclear codes? :biggrin:

looks nice though. better than my laptop and logitech stick.....

where's your safe for the nuclear codes? :biggrin:

You see the 2 locks, each one has a portion of the codes. :lol:

Of course Warthogs have the stick in the center ;)

True but I can't do the center stick thing. Side stick has always worked better for me.

Sweet like it .......and yes I have about 10 ref books myself : ) every flight simmer should : ) nice s**t man

SAS.....(Sweet Ass Sweet).....Side Controller works for me too, guess it's the viper lover in me. I wish I had a CP like that, but the laptop and Warthog stuff is packed up and taken between work and home. (I work 48 on, 48 off, so ya know there is always time for gaming)

P.S. - love the books, I had a few of those exact ones...before the divorce. So they are probably strewn along I-65 somewhere.....

My old one:

ruggpit.jpg

The last one:

obu11.jpg

Current setup:

mypit01.jpg

mypit02.jpg

mypit03.jpg

You'll notice a steer horn above the monitor in this pic. A buddy sent me it as a thank you for helping him with his joystick profile. Yes, he's from Texas. Hardware for the rig includes a Buttkicker w/300 watt amp, HOTAS Warthog, CH Throttle Quadrant/Pro Pedals/DT255 trackball, a pair of X-Keys programmable controllers, a Genovation 35 key controller, pair of Thrustmaster MFD's and a TrackIR 5. The monitor is a 46" Samsung. The "game seat" is an Obutto and it's by far the best game seat I've ever tried.

Edited by Ruggbutt

photo 2.JPG

So what purpose does the MFP serve? Printing the post-flight checklists? :grin:

• Like 1

Added the LED light bars.....Mounted the MFP

photo8.JPG

photo9.JPG

LOL, in the 2nd pic the screen was so blown out that at first glance it looked like you put an aquarium on top of your pit!

Daytime you get a better look. Now it finally done.

bluepit.jpg

Nice digs, guys. I need to work on my man-cave some more.............

So I got this new video card. A GTX 650 TI, the 2 GB version with outputs for 3 monitors. Works better than a Matrox box.

CC2.jpg

Nice set-up. I like the lights you added to the console.

-Jeff

Clipboard02-1_zps411b9cc7.jpg

Clipboard01_zpsa42955d9.jpg

I think I finally have it the way I want to.

Yes, native hardware beats Matrox addon any day!

My 7870 has enough outputs to do the 3-panel wide view and have a 4th for the instrument panel, but I don't like the FPS hit. My card just isn't strong enough to drive that much video at the resolution and quality I prefer.

Those Thrustmaster MFD frames provide a very cost effective way of having a functional and realistic front panel without using a touch display. I will probably end up getting those.

Right now, I am finalizing my plans for a full scale wooden mockup of an F-4 ejection seat.

It won't have much in the way of details (no mock rivets, frames, mechanisms, etc.), but the overall shape/dimensions will be as good as I can get with the info I have.

If the seat goes well, a mockup of an F-4 side console with the Thrustmaster throttle embedded is next.

At the same time, I am cleaning up my F-4 stick. I got some industrial linear potentiometers and a BU0836X to give me a clean, reliable USB interface.

I should be able to hide everything by building a mockup of the housing that goes around the base of the stick.

When I finish all of that, I am going to build a faux F-4 main panel/computer desk that integrates with the stick/seat/side console.

I think I am going to upgrade the family room TV to a modern 46-60" LED LCD TV and hijack the old Mitsubishi 46" LCD to become my dedicated PC monitor.

Here is a better pic of it.

gallery_230_811_14738.jpg

As great as that looks, I hope for a day when a 360 degree dome is practical for the average combat flight simmer.

The wide screen view only whets my appetite for the elimination of needing Track IR to look around.

Right on SE, right on.....