Sign in to follow this  
BradenFTW

AGM and Bomb HELP!

Ok, so I'm relatively new to Strike Fighters 2 but I have been around flight sims for quite a while, but this is my first combat sim.

I've done dogfights and what not, but now I'm getting into the Close Air Support and Anti Ship modes and I downloaded some fantastic planes like the B1B Lancer, B52 Stratofortress and so forth. However, I'm having some trouble hitting them. I expect the missiles to track the target but no, they plow into the ground, more often that not, off target.

What I'm looking for is someone to tell me what the deal is with AGM's and bombs. Obviously they are to destroy ground targets but I don't understand the multitude of different types. For example, what kind of AGM is required to shoot tanks, ships etc, how do I lock on? Do I need a specific range? What kind of tracking do I need? Is the cause of this because I mainly fly add on planes?

For example, I flew a B1B Lancer on an Anti Ship mission equipped with AGM HARM's, Harpoons and some JSOW or JDAM (Which I have no idea what they stand for). I had no idea if I was locking on when I fired, and more often that not, completely missed. Am I missing a laser guiding pod or something? Furthermore, I like to switch to the missile camera after I fire does that affect the flight path?

Can someone please help?

you need to lock missiles using the E key frist second be carefull whit range dont fire to alrealy or to close to target

the guided bombs will not work correctly, after a certain patch it messed them up. Missiles should be working right, though

you need to lock missiles using the E key frist second be carefull whit range dont fire to alrealy or to close to target

What is the key command called specifically? My controls might be slightly different.

the guided bombs will not work correctly, after a certain patch it messed them up. Missiles should be working right, though

What all of them - including the stock LGBs and EO guided stuff (WallEye)?

What I'm looking for is someone to tell me what the deal is with AGM's and bombs. Obviously they are to destroy ground targets but I don't understand the multitude of different types. For example, what kind of AGM is required to shoot tanks, ships etc, how do I lock on? Do I need a specific range? What kind of tracking do I need? Is the cause of this because I mainly fly add on planes?

For example, I flew a B1B Lancer on an Anti Ship mission equipped with AGM HARM's, Harpoons and some JSOW or JDAM (Which I have no idea what they stand for). I had no idea if I was locking on when I fired, and more often that not, completely missed. Am I missing a laser guiding pod or something? Furthermore, I like to switch to the missile camera after I fire does that affect the flight path?

Can someone please help?

Start here - for the stock stuff

http://www.thirdwire.com/man/sf2/Strike_Fighters_2_References.htm#Air-to-Ground

JSOW, JDAM (post 2000) , HARM are not in scope of the stock game so you must be playing with Mods already - suggest you get used to the unmoddified game first IMO - you need to crawl first.

All the weapons are real so Wikipedia can help give you an overview of each one

E is the default ground target key - if you have changed that then only you know what that key now is -guided bombs press E to target and fire (when in range- you may have to guess this)

Unguided bombs require you to practice until you can hit the target I'm afraid http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_055a.html

• Like 1

Ok, seems my problem lay in my key mapping and the missile type. What I ended up doing was changing one of the AGM types to 'laser guided' and BOOM, I can destroy tanks from pretty much any distance.