Sign in to follow this  
Spider

Thrust to Weight and Sound Issues

Hi All,

I'm new to LOMAC and I really like some parts of the program.

Two things are really bugging me though.

I was flying the F-15 and the vertical performance wasn't anything like it should be for a thrust to weight ratio

greater than one. That plane should accellerate in the vertical, not suffer from speed decay and stall.

The other thing that is really bothersome is the sound starts ok at launch but becomes slowed down and

distorted after I end the first mission. I'm using an Asus Mobo with onboard AC97 sound chipset.

Any help or wisdom would be appreciated.

Spider

Edited by Spider

vertical performance in any jet is usually at very light weights. (hence a great thrust:weight ratio)

take the fuel down to about 20% on a clean jet and you will see better performance, however i still dont think it will give you the performance you think it has.

The F-15's superior maneuverability and acceleration are achieved through high engine thrust-to-weight ratio and low wing loading. It was the first U.S. operational aircraft whose engines' thrust exceeded the plane's loaded weight, permitting it to accelerate even while in a vertical climb. Low wing-loading (the ratio of aircraft weight to its wing area) is a vital factor in maneuverability and, combined with the high thrust-to-weight ratio, enables the aircraft to turn tightly without losing airspeed.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys...rcraft/f-15.htm

The Pratt & Whitney F100 Turbofan engine provides the needed thrust. Each engine is capable of producing 15,000 pounds of thrust at maximum power, and 25,000 pounds of thrust in afterburner. This gives the Eagle a total of 50,000 pounds of thrust. In other words, a nominally loaded F-15 Eagle of 48,000 pounds has a thrust-to-weight ratio of 1.04 pounds of thrust to each pound of aircraft weight. Thrust of this caliber allows an F-15 to accelerate while going straight up! A specially modified F-15A Eagle known as the "Streak Eagle" was able to outclimb a Saturn V Moon Rocket to almost 60,000 feet. This same aircraft flew to 98,430 feet (30,000 meters) in 207.80 seconds (less than 3 minutes and 30 seconds).

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys...f-15-design.htm

The F-15C is modeled in LOMAC. And the only difference between it and the "E" version in regards to engines were the installation of Digital Electronic Engine Computers (DEEC's). This gave the Eagle a better response time from idle to AB. 4 seconds. Other then that, the engines still produced the same 25K Lbs of Thrust.

<C>

Fates