Sign in to follow this  
Dave

FC3 Delayed

Wags just confirmed that FC3 will belayed will they work out some bugs and add new features. No new date has been given.

Argh.

Moaning aside, I'd rather have them get it as close to 'right' as they can before release. The extra wait will just give me more stick time in FC2 and SF2 series.

Seeing as this month ends Sunday and we'd not gotten a firm date yet I was pretty sure this was going to happen.

Like Baldric said, though, I'm in no rush to get a sim with bugs. Waiting a bit is just fine.

I'm a little surprised they announced in September that it would be released in September. I would think that at that point they'd be close enough to know how much work is left. But I don't know that much about software development...

No biggie. I can wait.

i think the beta testers did their job and found some show stopping bugs.

Ah... so that's what this "beta testing" thing I've been hearing about is for...

I wonder why TW doesn't do that. It must be very expensive to pay people to be beta testers. I mean, surely, it can't be free...

Edited by malibu43

Ah... so that's what this "beta testing" thing I've been hearing about is for...

I wonder why TW doesn't do that. It must be very expensive to pay people to be beta testers. I mean, surely, it can't be free...

Very valid...but the SF2 series is rather open so maybe TK's thought was to let the community tweak it as they wish...

Very valid...but the SF2 series is rather open so maybe TK's thought was to let the community tweak it as they wish...

Well, not as tweakable as it used to be. But, TK does do a good job at getting patches out quickly. I was just having a little fun...

in TW's case... we beta tested through WoI... from that point on, the base code was set... so...

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if he suspected a beta tester of ripping off his models, hence his about-face and the whole locking down of files.

Regardless of where that decision came from, things have not improved as a result.