Sign in to follow this  
macelena

Anything coming out? I hope so

I know it´s all my own mindjob and paranoia, but anybody else noticed there have been no TW screenies in FB for more than a week when we used to have a couple a day? let alone DLCs. I hope it is because they are working their a**es off for something, i wouldn´t like for them to be having trouble. If the company went down, i hope it was just part time work for them at least.

Nah, we can probably rely on TK snoring on the coach, ignoring the forums and just going up every second day to check his Paypal account... ;-)

In all honesty, TK rarely to never says anything about his plans. Silence from him is not out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

Well don't think this is new..it used be calm, silent, no fuss and then - BOOM headshot!

• Like 1

what was next on the major projects list? me thinks progress is going on that. and no, i know it wasnt a fix to the NA terrain, that would be askin to much.

tablet version of SF :biggrin:

With brand new targets for the F-4 : flying pigs :biggrin:

I'm curious : what kind of missile should be used to shoot them down ?

Ludo

what kind of missile should be used to shoot them down ?

AIM-69 "Sausagewinder" :lol:

• Like 3

Wurstraam :wink:

quite usual thing, the silence, I'd be more worried if the man was spending more time on taking and posting FB screenies

• Like 1

what do you shoot down the flying pigs with? SPAM!!!!!!!!

(vikings march into the thread chanting......)

Okay, lemme get this right, since I've never played TK's new smart sim.

You shoot blue, green, yellow, or mercenary coloured rockets to kill the red migs that stole your drop tanks, and you have to do it before you run out of fuel.

Do the comm buildings really collapse on the migs, or is that like a red sanctuary?

Do you know what I think TK should do?

A) A free-to-play multiplayer dogfight game using the TW engine and resources, sort of like World of Tanks where revenue is based on micro-transactions (upgrade your plane, buy better weapons, buy new planes etc). F2P just to get more people to try it. From what I have understood many MMO games who have gone F2P have boosted revenue massively. This would of-course require some graphical spit-and-polish to make it more pleasing for the larger crowd. And hiring some more network programmers. And bringing a publisher onboard. Or going route B.

B) Start a kick-starter or other crowdfunding scheme to launch SF3 that would feature all the stuff we would like to see, like a complete new terrain engine, more avionics tweaks and fixed clouds and whatnot. This would enable TK to go it alone and wouldnt need to make skins for food.

Just my 0.02€. I am contemplating to post this on TKs board, but I don't think it would do much good..

• Like 2

A) A free-to-play multiplayer dogfight game using the TW engine and resources, sort of like World of Tanks where revenue is based on micro-transactions (upgrade your plane, buy better weapons, buy new planes etc). F2P just to get more people to try it. From what I have understood many MMO games who have gone F2P have boosted revenue massively. This would of-course require some graphical spit-and-polish to make it more pleasing for the larger crowd. And hiring some more network programmers. And bringing a publisher onboard. Or going route B.

B) Start a kick-starter or other crowdfunding scheme to launch SF3 that would feature all the stuff we would like to see, like a complete new terrain engine, more avionics tweaks and fixed clouds and whatnot. This would enable TK to go it alone and wouldnt need to make skins for food.

Just my 0.02€. I am contemplating to post this on TKs board, but I don't think it would do much good..

:iagree:

Suggested that. He did not like it ^^

And as far as A, that WOULD require a publisher and TK has shown as much interest in that as he has in running for President.

Simply put, he wants more sales from what he's doing now, but he's not willing to do too much differently to generate those sales. The mobile idea is as "out of the box" as his thinking has gotten in years.

Maybe we should do a kickstarter and then just give TK the money :big_boss:

Meh, if the guy is burnt out on SF2 development I understand fully, but that's the danger of one man shows.. Aaanyways, I don't see why a Kickstarter wouldn't be a good fit for TKs operation. It's not like it legally binds him to do anything, but gives him capital to hire staff to accomplish goals. And to clarify, I'm quite happy with SF2 right now, I'm a single player guy at heart and the graphics are good enough for me (with Starys magic the terrain engine is surprisingly versatile) but the potential for TK to monetize is huge if he would just leave his comfort zone.

and he's already said NO to both of those Ideas Repeatedly....

errr....no............Maybe SF2 isnt so bad after all!

Meshes don't bend in SF2... Pretty much all game vehicles look too solid after RoR. Things deform exactly where you hit them, if you drive into a tree the car will wrap around it, excessive stress twists wings. It's crazy.

• Like 1

new terrain engine! errr.... I mixed up didn't I? :tongue:

but I really wish we could have a single F1 WIP... be it Pitot tube or an airbrake untextured mesh... anything in fact

Meshes don't bend in SF2... Pretty much all game vehicles look too solid after RoR. Things deform exactly where you hit them, if you drive into a tree the car will wrap around it, excessive stress twists wings. It's crazy.

Maybe - but pretty sure I would never notice in a dogfight anyway.