Sign in to follow this  
kjay

Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. Ground steering.

Hello All,

I`m an 80 yr old pensioner who has just developed an interest in flight sims.

Due to poor health I cannot do much else to occupy my time.

Can anyone tell me which key commands effect the nosewheel steering on the ground in Falcon 4.0 ? I can`t find anything related in the `in game` key commands box, and have had no success `fiddling around` with key combinations.

I have asked this question on a couple of other sites and no one seems to have the answer.

A basic question I know, but it does rather spoil things when after making a decent landing one simply careers off the runway and crashes.

Help would be much appreciated !

:angry:

You need turn on NWS (Nose Wheel Steering) probably. Its green light on Right Hud Indexer lights. Key should be / + Shift (key just left from righ shift saying ? or / on it on english keyboard) hope it helps.

You need turn on NWS (Nose Wheel Steering) probably. Its green light on Right Hud Indexer lights. Key should be / + Shift (key just left from righ shift saying ? or / on it on english keyboard) hope it helps.

`ataribaby` and `blackbird` both,

Thanks for your replies and your welcome. I`ll try that out tomorrow `ataribaby`.

`Blackbird` re` the PM, forget it, I sussed it out. [and yeah I am `thick`].

Thanks again both.

`ataribaby` and `blackbird` both,

Thanks for your replies and your welcome. I`ll try that out tomorrow `ataribaby`.

`Blackbird` re` the PM, forget it, I sussed it out. [and yeah I am `thick`].

Thanks again both.

Green AF- NWS light on, but /+shift doesn`t work. Neither does rudder control.

Anyone else got any ideas ? This is really annoying me.

Well, dunno whats wrong. A lot can be porked. I am BMS Falcon dev and didnt played Falcon AF for ages so i go by memory. Shift + / should toggle NWS, you need it to be green to make nose gear steerable. I think its already on if you start on Runway or Taxi. Then what i remeber keys < and > (greater and less symbols, not cursor keys, again right from right Shift key) should steer. If you have analog pedals you need recheck its asix assigement in Falcon AF controls setup dialog.

Shift + / was the default NWS mapping for AF - have you changed any key mappings - or do you use pedals?

Hold down right Shift key first then press /

Shift + / was the default NWS mapping for AF - have you changed any key mappings - or do you use pedals?

Hold down right Shift key first then press /

Stupid me. ,I thought you had to use keys to steer, just found that you steer with your`stick` AFTER pressing `shift +/`.

Thanks to ALL for your replies. :biggrin: