Sign in to follow this  
BradenFTW

Best high res terrain mod for all SF2 locations?

Because there's a wealth of higher res terrain mods out there I would like to know the one that you would recommend, because I'm running a stock Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic at the moment but now that I have all these fancy looking planes, it's time for a fancy looking terrain mod for each location.

Right now I get an average of 40+ frames on high setting playing on a laptop, but runs at 50-60 when I'm flying and dogfighting, so I'm looking for a good looking terrain mod but not so intense that I lose the smooth frame rate at high settings, so anything with a huge volume of objects or super HD textures probably wouldn't be the best.

So based on this, what can you guys recommend?

Please note that most terrains require a CAT file; the most universally done one is the GermanyCE.Cat file. For you to get this, you need to purchase Strike Fighters 2 Europe - at least last time I checked.

Once there, the road is open for you; Photorealistic Britain, Sweden, Formosa, Starys Germany - All the best terrains (and their campaigns) available in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

with SF2NA, you only have the one terrain, so you'l need to expand you "collection"

like JRL said, just look for Stary's name

Anatolia by PureBlue is also one of the best.

with SF2NA, you only have the one terrain, so you'l need to expand you "collection"

like JRL said, just look for Stary's name

I have all SF2 games up to NA but I have all my add on planes in NA

so you can access all the maps in the series and use mods without problem then, all content from other titles is available in merged install

so you can access all the maps in the series and use mods without problem then, all content from other titles is available in merged install

Yea, got all the locations, planes from all the packs plus the two expansions plus the planes I download from here.