Sign in to follow this  
Svetlin

SUU-21/A and/or F-104 centerline tank

Guys, does anyone know if a SUU-21/A pod and/or F-104 centerline tank are available?

I might be wrong, but I thought that thing on the centerline station in the picture below is a 100 gal drop tank...

post-9545-0-41189600-1349022140.jpg

tank yes and in a weapons i belive try gunnys pack!

gun pod never saw it on a F-104 but a simple ini edit!

and no to both check datas from 104 in NF5 install

[CenterlineStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=5

StationGroupID=3

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.0,2.73,-0.954

AttachmentAngles=0.0,2.0,0.0

EjectVelocity=0.0,0.0,-2.0

LoadLimit=1000

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,NUC,RCN<<<<----no gun or tank entry!

AttachmentType=NATO

ModelNodeName=Centre_pylon

PylonMass=57.61

PylondragArea=0.005

but put it like this

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,NUC,RCN,FT,GP

now you have both!

also put this at the bottom off central entrys

FuelTankName=Tank195_F104

hope to help

The F-104 didn't carry a centerline tank. I'm pretty sure what you're seeing in those pictures is a nuke. The 195's were carried on the inner underwing pylons.

Edited by SupGen

gun pod never saw it on a F-104 but a simple ini edit!

Cocas, thanks, but SUU-21/A is not a gun pod - it is a bomb dispenser pod, carrying training bombs.

I think those centreline stores are nuke 'shapes' - nice pic though.

Seems that those F-104C had nuke bomb shapes on the centerline. But as I recall on some videos of the prototypes they had indeed what it seemed a fuel tank on the centerline pylon. But not used on operational aircrafts.

What speaks in favor of the "nuke-shape"-theory is the retractable lower fin (extended on the two airplanes in the middle / retracted on the outer ones).

Well I cannot tell from the picture if the fin was retractable or was simply removed to allow enough clearance from ground.

Anyway, operational or not, fuel tank or nuke, in all cases the Starfighter looks rather cool and exotic with a store on the centerline pylon, given the unusual angle (the rear of the weapon sitting lower than the front).

These are Nuke shapes not drop tanks... as the USN also had Nuke shapes that were mounted under the F-9F and Fury which had retractable fins to allow clearance for both the flaps as well as ground clearance...

Read here: http://www.joebaughe...hters/f104.html

This:

The F-104C was designed mainly for delivery of tactical nuclear weapons, which it could carry on a centerline pylon attachment which had a 2000-pound capacity. It could carry the Mark 28 and Mark 43 nuclear weapons. Although some references claim that a 225 US gallon droptank could be carried on this centerline pylon, it was exclusively a weapons pylon and was not plumbed to take fuel ports.

Edited by SupGen