I installed the mod Battle of Britain and I would know how can I do for get the radar icons on the planning map screen.

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

Edited by Ice Man

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, radar its WW2 unless you are driving a big plane you can't have radar.

Edited by MAKO69

Battle Of Britain? I think the British and Germans did have Radar installations. which if setup correctly should be the only Radar Icons that show for. They should show up if they are listed in the Terrain's targets.ini and maybe the Types.ini.

only if there are GroundObjects defined as "EWR", with coresponding locations in the targets ini (and by inference, types.ini), will you get the radar icon.

the CH and CL towers are terrain objects, and have no associated data ini for the game engine to read (hint-hint). IIRC, there are no FuG systems set on in Occupied Europe

Battle Of Britain? I think the British and Germans did have Radar installations. which if setup correctly should be the only Radar Icons that show for. They should show up if they are listed in the Terrain's targets.ini and maybe the Types.ini.

Read and comprehend before you comment. I stated nothing about ground based radar instillations. "unless you are driving a big plane you can't have radar". That early in the war if you were going to have airborne radar the plane, needed to be a big.

Edited by MAKO69

I checked the Groundobjects folder and there's a folder with the name "Radarmast",and there are also the radar's position into the Targets.ini and the description into the Types.ini file,so I think is possible use the radar icons.The right name for the objectgroundrole line is EWR or EW_Radar because I have the second word written on the Radarmast_Data.ini file

unless you are driving a big plane you can't have radar".

actulaly, that's not true. I'd point out the Fairey Battle NF, Blenhiem NF.1, (and can't remember the 1st operational date) Turbinelite Bostons, also , iirc, with AI Mk.1s

actulaly, that's not true. I'd point out the Fairey Battle NF, Blenhiem NF.1, (and can't remember the 1st operational date) Turbinelite Bostons, also , iirc, with AI Mk.1s

Fairey Battle NF big, Blenhiem NF.1 big, Turbinelite version Bostons big and were junk. No small nimble planes there all multi crew planes most multi engine.

Edited by MAKO69

B-29 would be a big night fighter. There was, a Plan, in the early 50th, for Tu-4 with radar to carry four huge air-air missiles, but they eventually decided smaller and faster missile carriers were better, kinda like the F6D Missileer vs smaller faster carrier fleet defense interceptors in the later 50th. .. looking for it...

210 & 211 ~> http://www.missiles.ru/210-211.htm ... translator friendly

I installed the mod Battle of Britain and I would know how can I do for get the radar icons on the planning map screen.

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

I have made this terrain a long time ago. And then there was a campaign mod which based on my terrain. If i remember correctly the campaign mod used a modified types.ini file to simulate the targetselection at different times by the Luftwaffe selected during the Battle of Britain.

If you change the entries in the types.ini you will change of the behavior of the Luftwaffe during BoB campaign.