Sign in to follow this  

anyone following the realism thread know by know i am slowly compiling a comprhensive squadronlist ini that will have most everyone in teh world that flew a TW stock aircraft in RL. i have been working NATO air arms and the American air arms, but i am hoping for some help from the rest of you guys in the following areas....

Swedish AF

Isreali AF

French AF

DLC aircraft that didn't make it into the squadronlist.

the criteria i am using for inclusion is that 1. the unit flew something represnted stock in game, 2. a tactical unit, prefer no training or testing unit though i do make exceptions (ie TKs own VX-4 at #300), and three it is not already represented in stock. a little clarification on the DLC request also: some planes came with add on squadrons such as the USAF Skinpack and F-4EJ. some i presume did not like the Omani Hunter and Greek Corsair. of course i am not certain not owning those but the squadronlist does now have some Hikotais and Swedish units so thats where my conlclusions come from. this is mainly for the benefit of skinners and modders who prefer using decals for markings but may be useful in campaigns to. TIA for any replies you all have.

Edited by daddyairplanes

Regarding the Swedish Air Force, just ask and I will answer.

Regarding the Swedish Air Force and Squadronlist; it is actually already pretty accurate and TSF is bound to those entries. Only F 2 Hägernäs is missing from the Swedish Air Force part of Squadronlist and that is a sea plane squadron.

ok seaplanes are not so much in the realm of what im doing with this. plus i thought Sweden had more squadrons than whats in the stock list so if not wow....

again as to my intent its first to get all the stock birds units coverd as best as poss, but then also leave space at the front end(405-550) for TW expansion and back end(900-999) for poss future mods without having to reinvent the wheel every time...

anyone have the Greek corsair and can confirm or deny a specific squadronlist ini change for the DLC aircraft? the only ones i have at this time are the F-4 skinpacks and theres only 4 additions due to the USAF.

Well, here is the thing:

What you see in the Squadron List are not Squadrons, they are "Flottiljer".

Each Flottilj is centered around a peacetime airstrip, and several war time airstrips, during the cold war they where hidden in forests, or nearby civilian strips, or highway strips.

The translation of the word Flottilj is Air Wing and they work pretty much the same way.

At every flottilj, there is one to five divisions attached. Most Flottiljer specializes in either attack or fighter; with recon divisions attached.

So, Saying F 7 Såtenäs is a squadron is wrong, but it works in Squadronlist anyway since few - if any - in Sweden bothers mentioning the divisions unless they say where they server or telling a tale. Or writing a book.

thanks for the info Jonathan. that is interesting given how much most countries are particular to tel apart the squadrons.