Sign in to follow this  
Derk

Viggen, the beautiful brute......

Too good to miss, fabulous shots, great flying, lovely music.
And for the tweakers: get rid of the 2.5G wingtip vortices and set the canard vortices to a lot of G's ....... Edited by Derk

Tell that to A-Teams tweakers. That is however not the only problem with that bird, there is quite a few. Loadout issues, hole in model issues, the list goes on.

But yes, the Viggen is a glory to see fly. I saw her at an airshow this summer. The sound alone, m´boys, the sound alone! If I where on a Soviet ship and heard that, I´d be quaking in my boots.

post-14846-0-35154000-1349448537_thumb.jpg

post-14846-0-63163100-1349448541_thumb.jpg

post-14846-0-84864700-1349448545_thumb.jpg

post-14846-0-67907400-1349448550_thumb.jpg

Edited by JonathanRL

Always liked this bird..so elegant and so powerfull

Always liked this bird..so elegant and so powerfull

Totally agree!!!

My favorite SAAB. The Gripen is ok, the Draken not so much, those that came before can be most kindly described as "functional".

Is anybody updating the current Viggen for SF2 use? All I have is the model for SF1. Love the tube........gets your motor running.

Is anybody updating the current Viggen for SF2 use? All I have is the model for SF1. Love the tube........gets your motor running.

A-Team has a update on their site, for their model but FM is still off and facts still rather wrong. Any further information regarding the Saab Viggen in combination with SF2 and/or mods is classified at the highest levels. ;-)

Edited by JonathanRL

Give me a break on the security stuff............ye know not what ye say!

very nice video, such agility to the aircrafts.. really liked it!

SAAB has always built *different* and very interesting stuff!

Too bad, that the car-branch has been sacked :glare:

Love this neast. Infact really love all Saab birds the Draken just looks awesome as well, which combat aircraft from that era looked as sleek the wings on that, I tell you. I'll say it again thank the aircraft gods that Sweden has its own aircraft industry and didn't opt to buy from someone else.

Love this neast. Infact really love all Saab birds the Draken just looks awesome as well, which combat aircraft from that era looked as sleek the wings on that, I tell you. I'll say it again thank the aircraft gods that Sweden has its own aircraft industry and didn't opt to buy from someone else.

.... except for the J 34 Hunter, but that was also a thing of beauty,,,,,,,,,,

.... except for the J 34 Hunter, but that was also a thing of beauty,,,,,,,,,,

Hawker Hunter was bought for the same reason as the US Navy adopted the F 11F Tiger.

They wanted a hedge against any delay in the Draken (Crusader in US Navy case) program.

Hawker Hunter was bought for the same reason as the US Navy adopted the F 11F Tiger.

They wanted a hedge against any delay in the Draken (Crusader in US Navy case) program.

....always wondered why a number of Lansens couldn't have done that job, though it may have been a matter of timescale.....

First of all, the Fighter Versions of the Lansen did not come into service until late in the fifthies and it was mostly meant as a night / bad weather fighter - not day fighter duties. Despite where technology was heading, it was considered too heavy for the task. A Day Fighter Version was indeed planned, but J 34 Hawker Hunter chosen instead.

Hi there,

I'm not an SF (strike fighter, not the SF37) pilot, but it's good to see the Viggen here also. Atm I'm busy getting the JA37Di into Falcon4 BMS and what I do need is a dedicated 3D cockpit in 3DS format. I may even be an AJ37 cockpit, no problem to convert that one.

I know FreeFalcon has a kind of Viggen 3D cockpit, but that's not easily usable in BMS.

This is what it looks like so far:

2012-10-22_230105.jpg

SR71-1.jpg

So if anybody has a good suggestion for the cockpit: please PM me.