Sign in to follow this  
waco1937

Extra wide

After flying OFF when it first came out in Phase 1 on 4:3 monitors then later on 16:9 monitors, I decided a while back to try OFF on Eyefinity, since I had 3 identical monitors to work with. Didn't quite like it. Couldn't get OFF to work, plus the instructions were somewhat obtuse. Next I tried nVidia's Surround and liked it better. But not OFF again. Then on the Widescreen Gaming forum, I found a better idea. Matrox's Triplehead2go. Sort of a router that would work with XP and a lot of old games I happen to like and run them across 3 monitors. So I got the Ergotech 3 monitor stand, 3 Dell 23 inch monitors, and the triplehead2go. I already had a corner desk and today I got the setup up and running and found myself in immersive heaven. OFF is more of a delight and fun than it's ever been before. Can hardly wait to try WOFF. As ex-Air Force and an old timer living alone except for my four legged pal, I'm gonna enjoy this winter. Let the snow fly. ( I live in northeastern Washington about 35 miles from Canada.)

post-52358-0-46417600-1349577109_thumb.jpg

Edited by waco1937

Be advised boys and girls, it ain't a cheap setup. I'm lucky I've got two pensions coming in. I added up the cost the other day and it came just shy of $1100 US. It helps that the car and the house are paid off. I'm gonna get BoB2 running next. Haven't played it for a while. Plus I want WW2 Pacific front. That theatre was part of my childhood. I don't remember Sunday Dec.7 but I do remember Dec.8 the day after Pearl Harbor. The news of the attack was all there was on the radio. Ticked this little 4 year old off. My favorite childhood radio programs weren't to be found. :angry: Thanx for all your kind words. I just wanted to show what the devoted can set up for their enjoyment. And just think about a simulated cockpit. No, I don't think I'll go there.........yet, anyway.

That's a breath-taking view! I'd definitely want to add a seat belt to my chair.

thstsee, now i canst talk right causth of all the drool running down my chin!