Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

SF2 MiG-15bis Fagot-B, KAW

SF2 MiG-15bis Fagot-B, KAW

SF2 Korean War Era MiG-15bis Pak

= For SF2, Full-5 Merged =WITH= SF2I ExpansionPak 1 (Required!!!) =

*Note: you must have SF2I Expansion Pak 1 to gain access to the MiG-15bis lod!! Without it, this mod will do you no good!!*

This is a reskin/nationalization of the stock 3W MiG-15bis Fagot-B for use in a KAW envrionment.

The data ini (FM) is exceedingly close to RealLife. The 'nation name' and userlist have been limited to China and NKorea. Not only will this 'fix' the aircraft to KAW, but it will also NOT be overwritten by patching or the game-generated random re-rwrites that kill all AI-only aircraft made User-Flyable.

There are 2 skins supplied, all in jpg format:

NK2- a generic silver with red nose and fin top

NKSilver- which is my "The Hunters" MiG skin (aka "Casey Jones" 7-11 skin)

Decal radomization is set to TRUE

When in-game, you'll see

MiG-15bis "Fagot-B" (NK)

on the aircraft selection drop-down menu.

The window opens with the standard animaion keystroke, shift/0.

As always, fairly easy to follow, detailed install instructions are included. So, please read them. Also, give the "Notes" section a read too.

Good Hunting!

wrench

kevin stein

• Like 1

I like the FM and we do not to exceed the speed limit! Super... Many thanks! :pilotfly:

woah...

one of this guy got on my deep six... was doing 350kts at med-low alt. said phuck it and banked 90 left, yanked stick all the way back. the mig follows, next thing i know there was a loud bang. looking back a wing flew off from the mig!

phantastic!

• Like 1

I'm not sure, but maybe another new patch induced issue...

Back at July 2012 patch, the mig at AI control, when sustaining wing damage but still flyable, would enter an unrecoverable flat spin during high AoA maneuvers and fall all the way to the ground. I thought it was an intentional feature modeled into the FM and very cool it was!

After 2 days of updating/testing I found it no longer does this in May or July 2013 patch. The damaged mig would tumble a bit losing altitude showing signs of stall, but would recover.

Is there some way to get this feature back via data edits, or should I stay with the Jul 2012 patch?..

If it's any clue, I have compared the FM changes between Jul2012 and May/Jul2013, the differences were the controlrate of the ailerons

Edited by Do335

(read with sarcastic voice tone) imagine my amazement the late-issue patches fucked up Fubar's excellent (and hard work)

Don't know if Ed will have time to look at; he's quite busy with work and such. We can only hope, as you've stated above, the thing was SUPERB before the 2013 patches

Edited by Wrench

I hadn't check my Korea install in some time, not since updating to the May 2013 patch.  Sure enough, the village idiot took one of the best flight models for the Mig 15 bis I've seen in a very long time and dumbed it down for the I want arcade crowd.  Screw this.  I'm getting away from all this for a while.  This sim is too frustrating to continue with.

yep... found later that the phenomenon in post #3 is gone too with the new patches... frustrated as well, as the FMs made by Fubar were really superb indeed.

With some tussling i made a seperate Jul2012 install for KAW. seems fitting for the moment..

Heck, I read your post over at ThirdWire...don't forget, you can stay at July2012 (or whatever you've got installers for) and still have all the up-to-date DLCs' etc; just ask and I'll point you to the relevent threads.

Thanks for the offer, SupGen.  If it weren't for the community here, I would have walked away a long time ago, when TK first started locking cats that I was once able to access.  I really just don't feel like doing the July dance right now.  Just got married (second time) three weeks ago, Sunday, so I have other things to occupy my time right now. :smile: