Sign in to follow this  
ThomasDWeiss

Why not simply close it down?

Dear Sirs,

As one of the members that tried to contribute something to Biohaz - I find it so depressing to come here now.

I already posted my new LockOn pack at Avsim because no one answered my post about a dead link at the Biohaz library, in fact, no-one seem to answer post here anymore. It is sad to read posts like ('didn't you know why? Biohaz is dead') at other forums.

I try to avoid now coming here ... it is the habit that makes me once in a while still come here.

So ... why not close it down? pull the plug!

To let this place die out of neglect is wrong.

Biohaz Central stood for something - if this goes on, it will stand for nothing.

Sincerely Yours,

Thomas D. Weiss

Very good question. But the answers lies with Jeff.

My plan was to leave it up for a few weeks so the stragglers get the news, then pull it down. I'm still trying to decide how to handle it, as there is a lot of good info that I hate to just see disappear into the ether. I've also had several people express interest in taking it over, and I'm weighing those options. Unfortunately I've been too busy this week to spend much time on thinking about it. I hope to have some sort of announcement/decision in the next few days.

As for withering away and lack of participation, that's one of the reasons I decided to pull it in the first place. This is not something that just happened since the announcement, it's been going on for months. If it depresses you to come, then by all means, no one is twisting your arm... ;)

As for withering away and lack of participation, that's one of the reasons I decided to pull it in the first place

Forum’s lack of participation and apathy is - I think – quite common, even the Eagle Dynamics english forum were you would think lots of people would post a lost is quite slow.

Be that as it may – I hope you guys find a way to keep Biohaz going , because I have the impression that you are quitting just as this place was starting to pick up.

Hi I'm not quite sure what the problem is...

It seems like people are constantly adding files, and folks are always downloading files. This site seems real active to me...

But why would someone go to Frugals or SimHq (or here) for official lo-mac information, when the official lo-Mac site works just fine?

Please enlighten...

Edited by Hawg11

Hi everyone,

I have been comming to bio-haz ever since i found it, which is well over a year i think? Its one of my daily stops on a list of other sites i always goto. The site is great and always seems to get lots of good updates all the time. The forum should'nt be an issue, i run a website and get lots of hits everyday but i avoid putting up a forum because its just not worth the hassle. I put a comments section on each topic i post that way if anyone wants to say anything they can. No one comments but i dont care to be honest its just there as a tool of communication.

Anyway im rambling i just hope the site stays up and just because people dont post in the forums doesnt make it a bad site.

Cheers Mule

My Website.

Hi I'm not quite sure what the problem is...

It seems like people are constantly adding files, and folks are always downloading files. This site seems real active to me...

But why would someone go to Frugals or SimHq (or here) for official lo-mac information, when the official lo-Mac site works just fine?

Please enlighten...

When did you first start going to the official Lomac site? Back in the begginning it was rampaged with bad posters that simply brought the forums quality down. Many of us were looking for a brighter attitude from the sites users. I found Biohaz to be that site for me. Other sites have their pros and cons, but I've always found Biohazcentral to have a membership that made the site something more that I wanted to be involved in. You can go to other sites, and you may find more users posting the same infomation, but you may also find more locked thread, mud slinging and generally tolerable behavior; things we are proud not to be part of.

Lack of civility is a major problem. I was almost crucified in a a forum a few days ago for daring to post some hints about how to evade AAM.

I came to Biohaz because Jeff told me to come here so that I could upload some missions I made, I liked it here and stayed.

One thing I hope, in the future, there should be fewer forums.

One for Jet Sims

One for Props

One for Griping

And the Pub

This way there would be enough posters to keep the forums more active.

I am glad Jeff will find a way to keep Biohaz open, together with SimHQ, Frugal's they form the best general forums there are.

Edited by ThomasDWeiss

When did you first start going to the official Lomac site?  Back in the begginning it was rampaged with bad posters that simply brought the forums quality down.  Many of us were looking for a brighter attitude from the sites users.  I found Biohaz to be that site for me.  Other sites have their pros and cons, but I've always found Biohazcentral to have a membership that made the site something more that I wanted to be involved in.  You can go to other sites, and you may find more users posting the same infomation, but you may also find more locked thread, mud slinging and generally tolerable behavior; things we are proud not to be part of.

I started going to the Lo-Mac site as soon as Lo-Mac transferred over from the Flanker website (the very beginning). It's never been that bad IMO, compared to other sites out there (*cough* Frugals *cough*).

I mainly visit the Lo-Mac site to try to help newbies who are interested in our dying hobby, who are more apt to go there first with questions.

I guess over the years I've gotten accustomed to ignoring the asshats who decide to troll, whine, etc., on the various forums.

Edited by Hawg11

My plan was to leave it up for a few weeks so the stragglers get the news, then pull it down. I'm still trying to decide how to handle it, as there is a lot of good info that I hate to just see disappear into the ether. I've also had several people express interest in taking it over, and I'm weighing those options. Unfortunately I've been too busy this week to spend much time on thinking about it. I hope to have some sort of announcement/decision in the next few days.

As for withering away and lack of participation, that's one of the reasons I decided to pull it in the first place. This is not something that just happened since the announcement, it's been going on for months. If it depresses you to come, then by all means, no one is twisting your arm... ;)

someone should just simply take it over , I mean all it is is content and if someone else is willing to keep the info alive then it would be the best thing to do. Just deleteing things something alot of people enjoy doesnt make sence to me. :search: