Sign in to follow this  
HumanDrone

OT: For our friend HouseHobbit

Our dear fellow may consider moving if this fellow puts his new home up for sale.

I imagine something this would be the result if I tried to build a regular home with square corners and plumbed walls!

Best to all, as we wait out these final two weeks! ;)

Tom

Somehow, I don't think this fellow is a real Hobbit. Absolutely none of the house appears to be underground, I see no round doors, and he's put a water wheel where there's no water. Of course, he may have built over in Bree,where there be many queer folk.

I like the part where they got their lumber from salvage and "other construction sites?" Hmmmmm.

Also, while the hay for insulation may be a really green solution, it also is an invite to all sorts of creature infestations and, of course, fire.

Owen: You should evaluate these things carefully..... :angel:

I like Olham's link as well. But while I like saving energy, I don't know how well I could adapt to the lack of windows in such an abode.

Well after much deep thinking, I believe the underground are more proper for a Hobbit..

I do realize there are places this would be inpractical.

So the above ground would do in a pinch..

The reason my family and friends call me House-hobbit is because I happen to have a Human House to live in..

Of Course had to lower many items within so as to be more hobbit friendly..

And since my full basement(celler) is furnished in proper hobbit style, I still have a nice taste of The Shire when needed..

Have a fondness for Human types it seems..

Since I am well Known for adventures, now not as welcomed in The Shire as some Hobbits of more recpectable breeding..

And after the word got out of my involvment and admission to the brave but lost group known as the "infamous" BOC..

All standing within Hobbiton now will be forever lost..

Such is the price for being a little OFF..

Edited by HouseHobbit

Oh, well - it's worth it. There always have to be the Hobbits who would be different

and daring enough to follow and accompany the Bearer of the Ring...

Oh, well - it's worth it. There always have to be the Hobbits who would be different

Amen!! Master Olham.. :biggrin: