Sign in to follow this  
goose814

Help With Korean War Mod

I have just recently purchased Strike Eagles Project 1 so that I could use the Korean War mod. Everything has gone well except with the issue of the Weapons Pack. I take it that this is a seperate entity and is needed to have the drop tanks for the F-86 as well as other weapons available. I have patched the sim to v3.2 like the mod says, but I am not familiar with which version of the Weapons Pack to use. I have also read about a Weapons Editor and I am unclear if it comes with the Weapons Pack or is separate. I have been searching the forums for any topics relating to this but after 2 days I'm still at a loss. The more I read the more confused I've become. If anyone can lend their assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

The weapon pack is here http://combatace.com...pack-03-jul-06/ It has a weapon editor included.

Weapon & gun editors are here http://www.thirdwire...loads_tools.htm

Versions ending with 06 are for installs patched at the 2006 level. Versions ending with 08 are for 2008.

Other weapon packs and weapon mods can be found here http://combatace.com...0-weapon-packs/

Edited by swisher

Thank you for the information. I saw all the different weapons packs but didn't know which one of them to use. I have downloaded the 03-JUL-06 and will install. Thanks again.

Well I installed the Weapons Pack 03-JUL-06 using the self installer and now the game won't even load. I get a "Strike Fighters: Project 1 has encountered a problem and needs to close." message. I did read that the weapon and gun editors need to be in Win 98 comptability mode to work on Windows XP, which is what I'm using. I did this, and they open to their respective windows but the game still won't load now. Looking forward to any help for this. Thanks much.

Will the Korean War Mod still work if I patch it to 08.30.06? In the read me it states to be patched to SP3.2.

Yes. I went ahead and installed and tested the mod last night at the 08.30.06 level, and it worked fine.

1. Install the base game

2. Patch 08.30.06

3. Install the bunyap weapon pack and run the 06 editor

4. Install the mod package as per the instructions (i.e., deleting the contents of the stock campaign and aircraft folders - not the folders themselves)

5. Install the Korea Update pack http://combatace.com...war-mod-update/ as per the instructions

6. Start-up and make sure you have weapons and ammo in the loadout screen

There's a nice replacement menu set in the download section, aswell.

Edited by swisher

swisher,

Tried it as you directed and everything works great. Thank you so much, I couldn't have done it without your help.

Since I'm still new to this I have another question. Is there anyway to eliminate the flight info box in the lower left corner and the text at the bottom whenever something happens, for example, gear up/down or airbrakes extended/retracted?

Thanks again for your help and thanks for the heads up on the replacement menu. I'll have to check it out.

Alt+D will remove the info boxes. I'm not sure if it's preset in SFG, so you may have to set it up. Go to the options screen from the main menu and find 'Hud Information toggle'. If there is nothing preset for it, press Alt+D simultaenously. Alt+D is the default in most, if not all, TW games.

Glad you're up and running!