Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Strike Fighters Android is out on Google Play

Tried it on a friend's tablet.It's good....But I think I'l stick with SF2.The feeling you get with mods simply cannot be taken away.But the games pretty good for a handheld.

Harold I messed up big time, I was refering to Air Navy Fighters, Air Wing is weak

Glad you said that! I tried the Air Wing demo on the kid's tablet and was like 'Yeesh!'.

Air Navy Fighters is pretty good though...thinking of buying that one.

FC

well i know what i'll get on my new tablet (crossing fingers for next month) but me thinks it'll be the waiting room or in car distraction. are Phantoms available for purchase or do you work your way up to them? if they are buyable, i can throw TK a few more bucks that way. just give us a player flyable Viper rather than Netz is all i ask......

First. I like this game/App.

Its a fun little game for smartphones/tablets. I didn't expect it to be a "sim", but as a "time killer" its pretty nice.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, and it runs as smooth as butter. :)

One thing I have noticed. Its a battery guzzler, this game.

Edited by Mannie

well i know what i'll get on my new tablet (crossing fingers for next month) but me thinks it'll be the waiting room or in car distraction. are Phantoms available for purchase or do you work your way up to them? if they are buyable, i can throw TK a few more bucks that way. just give us a player flyable Viper rather than Netz is all i ask......

All aircraft are available for purchase OR to work up toward...obviously one will take longer than the other. That's kind of nice...you can spend your time or your money.

And ya, it's the Viper, not the Netz (though I would imagine it's the same model)...

Curious though...no A-4.

FC

For those of you who don't have access to an Android phone, here's a clip on youtube (not mine). It runs quite nicely on my Galaxy S2, would love to play this on the Note II or Nexus 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ2TEoTjDcI

Edited by Jimbib

that's the noobest shooting I've seen :wink:

Well, the game is very nice i can say i've already dropped some pennies on this game. Brought an MiG-23 to get rid of the ads (WHICH DO NOT APPEAR ON THE GAME ITSELF!:D )

i just hope TK keep updating it like he did ages ago with the SF1 series - i would love to get some pre scripted missions, ground strikes and landings.

• Like 1

Mannie::

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3

Mee Too. Just got it, my first smart phone, and while researching what to get (had NO idea about these things), I learned of the recent trend toward larger screen sizes in Android phones. I figured that was TK's angle -- the larger screen sizes the better -- so he took a chance with that new trend.

• Like 1

Mee Too. Just got it, my first smart phone, and while researching what to get (had NO idea about these things), I learned of the recent trend toward larger screen sizes in Android phones. I figured that was TK's angle -- the larger screen sizes the better -- so he took a chance with that new trend.

Wait, YOU just bought a flagship smartphone? Mr. Lord of the analog himself?!?!

Well boys and girls, duck and cover because you have just seen a sign of the apocalypse...

FC

• Like 1

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, s**t!!

we are SO f***ing doomed!!! :blowup:

Well, me and my iPhone will be waiting patiently for an iTunes release

But I've gotta say I am pretty disappointed to see no cockpit view......that's likely to be a deal-breaker for me....but I will it give try, assuming it gets released for iPhone.

Romflyer I guess TK might add such things like crude cockpit view in the future, aswell as some more camera options, right now we have only planes external views on paused

But I think we won't see takeoff and landings or A2G soon -might be in payware version which I think was mentioned at one point

LOL yea. I did hold out for years though, had a really good Samsung flip, but I hated texting on it. With the megapone, texting is actually *fun.* And, its eaiser to use than ole flipper for many things. Removable card and battery were also selling points.

I don't get it though. My Pentax (what?) camera allows me to just pop out the card and read it on computer, while the S3 requires some kind of massive software download and weird procedure. F that so I just take off the rubber case, kick the back off, and remove the card and stick it in usb converter.

@Lexx_Luthor. Enjoy your new S3. Its a super machine. I just love it. :)

As for the game. I have already got all the top notch western jets. F-14A, F-15A, F-15C and F-16A.

I would have loved to see the A-4 in.

After playing it for 2 days I have to say sorry, .. the whole thing is the same all the time .. for me its nothing more than just write this statement .. it sounds like the sf series .. looks like a bad day SF1 and is funny for nearly 5 mins .. after this it repeats itself

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Still, I must say, it is a nice little game to have on my smartphone, so I can play it while I'm outside and away from my PC. :)

And I've been doing just that the last 2 days. :)

Mannie, this thing is fantastic, and its *why* I stayed with dumb phones for so long. The megaphones finally impressed me. The Note2 looks good as well -- sis wants one maybe for the coming holydays. Angry Fighters would be even better on that I assume (although I'm not interested lol). I was thinkging for sure TK saw the screen size trend, especially if TK makes no IOS version.

What's neat is there is much nettalk of "cheap plastic" but its an advanced strong stuff, and kicking off the back plate, and clicking it on again is easy as 2 pies over 2. I got a stock Samsung protective case, that 3MO material or something, and it just peels off like you take your hat off. No problems there. In fact, I'm thinking of just going without the back plate, just keeping the semitransparent peel off case.

Initially I wasn't too sure because the targets were pretty dumb, doing slow turns and not shooting, and there being a limited number of them. But as my level has gone up, so has the number and quality of the targets. Though I've already completed the campaign, and have the latest and greatest, I've actually been going back to eariler jets to get more, and to last longer. Even then ya gotta be careful...I was in a Fresco chasing a meat on the table Hun, but by extending out of the furball, his 4 Phantom buddies decided to give me a Sparrow enema. And since I had no RWR, the only indication was a 'Missile Launch!' call...yea, that didn't end well...

FC

As far as phones go, I'm digging the S3, Note 2 (on screen multitasking!), and Nexus (pre-alpha Open webOS can be run on it plus a vanilla Jelly Bean install). Even thinking about the new Nokias with WinPhone 8...I like what I'm seeing in Win8 and the idea that developers can make one program for both kinds of devices (PC and mobile) is cool!

Sadly, I can't justify any of that while my Pre3 still works fine...

FC

Well I figured I earned it, saving money for years by waiting for the pre-paid thing to get started, never having a contract back during the contract bubble, always got the cheapest sliders when everybody went flippers, and then flippers when everybody (not really) went smart phones. But I hated texting. Texting should be fun. And now it is.

Im working for the nokia company here in germany and we have the new nokia lumia 900 for our private use. After the first month with this win 8 phone i returned to my private galaxy s1. You cant use it as u use the galaxy. Its more predefind, you have no good overview over your apps and programs. No orientation in the main menue. Wired music apps, 2 or more for the one and same thing. You cant adjust the visual layout to your satisfaction. No possibility to create folderstructur or even use this phone as a Usbstick. Its more useless than the iphone. The hardware is very good but the os is useless. Visual a brilliant looking trash but practicly not good developed.

Sad fact is that samsung will use win8 in the future. I like the android stuff, it more like the old win xp with a good and understandable structure for pc users.

And the mobile strike fighter seems to be a nice time killer. I like the early phantoms and the f100 with four aim 9. :)

• Like 1

TK has really bad luck Air Navy Fighters came 2 weeks earlier -with cockpit view, controllable hook/flaps/gear, and what seems to be a terraforming/mission editing tools (can't say exactly, still on lite version of it)

now it's no.3 on best new payware in GP, Strike Fighters is moving up in best new freeware though (now 425 on the 500 list, two days ago was on 460 as I check regularly)