Sign in to follow this  
JonathanRL

[WIP]The Scandinavian Front New Aircraft Teaser

Wow!!! Does the next TSF title include finnish MiG-21 bis and Hawks alongside with that beautiful Viggen? This is getting very exciting! :biggrin:

Cool, now we wont' have to wait for the other site... :good:

Model is made by Anders Lejczak, used with written permission.

Conversion, bug fixing and version adjustments are made by Cocas.

Current texture was provided with the model and used as a stand in. Finished Aircraft will be skinned by Paulopanz. Hopefully we can provide templates but no promises. It will be armed with the beautiful weapons made by Ravenclaw007. So what is left for us to do?

A lot. The airplane needs a flight model, some of the major 3D bugs with the landing gear / landing gear bay needs to be fixed as well as a plethora of other things. The Aircraft will be released as a part of a TSF Package, but also available standalone a few days later. We cannot give a time table since we want it to be as good as possible, but we will try not to drag out on it.

The Airplane will be made in at least SH-37, AJ-37 & JA 37 configurations. It will be placed in a Campaign alongside its Nordic companions from the same day and age from Finland, Denmark and Norway.

People who think they may be able to aid in the project are welcome to send a PM.

Awesome, I just can't wait but...

No SF ? Please... pretty please with a cherry on top... I know I may be the only nuts loving recon planes but still... tactical recon deserves some love.

No SF ? Please... pretty please with a cherry on top... I know I may be the only nuts loving recon planes but still... tactical recon deserves some love.

We put the "At least" since SF versions would require a new nose. Since I know next to nothing about 3D, I leave most of the decisions regarding such things up to the people who I enlist for the task. I will forward the suggestion, but no promises. I might however recommend you to try Ice Cream & Beer if you seek to bribe them :big_boss:

Looks great, the Viggen has always been one of my favourite aircraft. :smile:

If this model is by Anders, isn't it the same model which has been available for several years from the A-team? The one with the pitot tube in the wrong place.

If this model is by Anders, isn't it the same model which has been available for several years from the A-team? The one with the pitot tube in the wrong place.

I would not call anything released by A-Team "available". But yes, it is roughly the same model. I dont know if the pilot tube is still in the wrong place, or if Cocas fixed that but honestly, I do not care. Our main objective with this Aircraft is to have a stand-in in until somebody makes a completely new aircraft - and if somebody does not do a new aircraft, then we have a Viggen at CA available for all, and then I can live with a pilot tube in the wrong place.

The pitot tube thing never worried me, either, it was a rivet-counting dispute, I think.

A-Team stuff is freely available to anyone who signs up over there, like here, and I never understood the issue about that either.

Either way, the Viggen is a great looking aircraft, and I'm looking forward to this updated version. :smile:

A-Team stuff is freely available to anyone who signs up over there, like here, and I never understood the issue about that either.

You and I have a very different view on what "freely avalible" is. For me, in modding terms, "Freely available" means I can secure permission easily to post the mod under certain conditions. While these conditions may vary, the general giest of it is that the mod is easy to get. Signing up on A-Teams site is a procedure that took me a few weeks to complete back when I was a member. I make my Campaigns All Inclusive and making one of those with an A-Team Viggen would mean every single person who wanted the Campaign had to sign up on A-Teams site. While it can be argued that people need to sign up to CombatAce as well, it is a much easier process and one none of the fans of TSF within the Swedish or Finnish flight community ever protested to.

If somebody wants just the Viggen, yes it will be easier to just sign up to A-Team. If somebody wants to use it in a mod that can be posted somewhere else then A-Teams site, then they have to wait for ours.

Edited by JonathanRL

It´s absolutely right that you can get their stuff for free. The point is just, if guys over here are making a "big pack", like a complete package with campaign and stuff, they cannot include things "from over there". Now, for me, you and some others that´s no big deal. But many people don´t know about the A-Team and even not how to get the mods. They download something from here and even when they get to their site, they have to wait maybe several days before getting access and are bored they cannot start playing right away.

For that reason it is better when downloads from here are complete from here. No offend to Capun and his policy on his mods, it´s just easier for the guy, not confirm with modding, when he can get everything here. :grin:

Nice to see the Viggen get overhauled!

Looks great, the Viggen has always been one of my favourite aircraft. :smile:

pitot his were its his in all the 3- views i saw in tip of the nose

He is talking about the one on the vertical tail, Cocas.

On the AJ-37 (ground attack aircraft) it is placed close to the top of the vertical tail, like on this model.

On the JA-37 (fighter aircraft) it is placed almost in the middle of the vertical tail front.

Basically the model at its current stage of development is closer to AJ-37, rather than JA-37, that's all.

I'm with JonanathanRL, I don't care where the pitot tube is.

That kind of thing is for the rivet-counters and mod-Nazis.

I don't have the first clue about how to make models, I am just grateful to the people who do, so obrigado in advance, guys.

@ Gatling20 If you build as a modder an aircraft, it should be as correct as possible, if you mod as a casual player a version to another .. do what you want but dont call it mod nazis <----

• Like 1