Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Older Mod Eagle Scheme

I am going to go with the older MOD Eagle scheme. Do the colors look right? Disregard the rest of the plane.

mod1.jpg

looks good, cant tell if it's the light from the sun in the engine or not, but the dark grey should be lil darker? might be specular reflection playing with my eyes.

H-S-L for FS36176 and 36251

Dark Grey 129-8-120

Light Grey 67-4-151

other than that it looks good.

Yeah I was thinking it might be a little light too. Ill mess with it some more. I like the freshly painted/not so worn looks on F-15's

I think I got it now.

Screen_121015_231316.jpg

Screen_121017_222751.jpg

Screen_121017_222854.jpg

Mine

Depends on what period.

As of now it looks good, damn good...

Are you trying to do 70s through late 80s?

If so might need to be a lighter ghost grey.

Some nice "FIS" birds

eagle.jpg

f-15a-76-008-01.jpg

Although the newer IFF upgrade "blisters" on the ED model may throw things off a bit when trying to model an older bird.

using the EDM Viewer is so much easier than Making Edits, Save, close PS, boot DCS, wait for it to load, look at the model, exit DCS, Load PS, edit, Repeat.

using the EDM Viewer is so much easier than Making Edits, Save, close PS, boot DCS, wait for it to load, look at the model, exit DCS, Load PS, edit, Repeat.

How do I use it?

download EDMModelViewer v66362 from Here: ftp://ftp1.files.eagle.ru/mods/model_viewer/

install it:

Copy your Textures to <root>/Program Files (x86)/edModelViewer/Bazar/TempTextures/ (You might also wanna extract some Files from the DCSW F-15 Texture Zips too)

(DCS Texture Zips are located in <root>/ProgramFiles/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Bazar/Textures/)

Open edModelViewer, Load Model (<root>/ProgramFiles/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Bazar/World/Shapes/<modelname> (I Assume it's F-15C,edm or F-15.edm)

And You're Presented with this:

post-182-0-73642100-1350847630_thumb.jpg

Open Your templates, Edit/Paint/Etc, Save the BMPs to the Bazar/TempTextures/ Folder Listed above for the EdModelViewer, Overwrite, Minimize/Alt-Tab to Model Viewer

In the Model Viewer, Goto View Menu, Reload Model and it re-loads the textures.... no need to close anything, reboot anything etc.

You can Zoom/Rotate the model using the mouse (Left MB + Movement = Rotate, Right MB+Movement = Zoom.)

Also, you can view ALL the animations from the ED Model Veiwer using the Arg# input on the top. (also Attached Arg# Animations List).

Enjoy!

Draw arguments for aircrafts 1.1.rtf

Edited by SkateZilla

How do I get it to load custom named textures?