Hi community,

Always a pleasure to drop in here. Hope I'm not too much of a PITA at the moment; every time I learn something, it seems to raise more questions......LOL. Anyway, I have heavily modded my install. Looks brilliant I must say, but the sim locks up when I try to start a campaign. I know why; it is because I have removed and replaced some aircraft, but I believe I can work around this?

I want to have a mid-late 80's campaign scenario, so I have removed a lot of the aircraft that are in the sim that would have been used in the 50's and 60's. It's logical that the campaign is crashing because it's making calls to aircraft that I have removed, so, my questions are:

1. I know there are a number of campaign folders in the sim; can I removed the older ones?

2. If I want to fly a campaign between say, 1985-1989, which folders must I keep and edit?

3. I assume that with said editing, I can assign aircraft type? (I want to use Harrier GR3, Bucanner, and F-4 FGR2).

4. I once saw files in the library for newer tanks etc (T80's etc) but I cannot seem to find those - are they still all in the SFP1 download section?

5. I know that there was a way in WoV to increase the number of SAM's that were launched at you.....can you do the same in SF2 Europe? (I get no more than 4 SAM's launched at me in single missions usually).

6. Can somebody direct me to an F-4E Europe 1 cam skin please?

7. (Finally) is there a way to increase the number of targets that must be destroyed in single missions for you to achieve your goals?

Thank you all again, as usual.

Andrew.

I want to have a mid-late 80's campaign scenario, so I have removed a lot of the aircraft that are in the sim that would have been used in the 50's and 60's.

Okay, first, you probably shouldn't have done this...it's easier to add, make sure the new stuff works before removing the old stuff.

It's logical that the campaign is crashing because it's making calls to aircraft that I have removed

Yes, another reason to wait until the new stuff works...

1. I know there are a number of campaign folders in the sim; can I removed the older ones?

Once you get the new stuff working. A better idea would be to dive into the folders and figure out HOW the campaign works. Then once you build your new campaign AND VERIFY IT WORKS, then delete the old stuff.

2. If I want to fly a campaign between say, 1985-1989, which folders must I keep and edit?

The easiest way to figure this out is to download a campaign built for SF2:E. Nato Fighters 5 I believe has been updated to the newest patch level. Download, install and take a look at all the ini files.

3. I assume that with said editing, I can assign aircraft type? (I want to use Harrier GR3, Bucanner, and F-4 FGR2).

Yes, see the answer to question 2.

4. I once saw files in the library for newer tanks etc (T80's etc) but I cannot seem to find those - are they still all in the SFP1 download section?

Check either the SF1 or SF2 sections. They may also be in the Nato Fighters mod.

5. I know that there was a way in WoV to increase the number of SAM's that were launched at you.....can you do the same in SF2 Europe? (I get no more than 4 SAM's launched at me in single missions usually).

Again, check the Nato Fighters mod.

6. Can somebody direct me to an F-4E Europe 1 cam skin please?

I believe there is one available...check our downloads section.

7. (Finally) is there a way to increase the number of targets that must be destroyed in single missions for you to achieve your goals?

I don't think so, I believe that is hardcoded by the game engine.

FC

Just get the NATO Fighters 5 Mod. It is pretty much what you are looking for.