JollyRogerTwo

SF1 Edward's KAW Campaign Instant Action But No Comm

I have 2 installs of SF1 patched to '06 (Korea and Solomons) and I have WOV patched to '08.. I am running XP Home.

Tonight I decided to see if I could get the 'Instant Action' option to work in KAW and Solomons. It does not work in the default install of either and will cause a CTD if you try. There seemed to have been an attempt in the Solomons campaign to get the I/A option to work. There were changes made in the I/A INI but the Options.ini was apparently missed. Thus the CTD if you tried to select I/A from the main menu.

I altered the Instant Action.INI in the 'Flight' folder to reflect F-86 Hard Wings as the default US planes and the MiG-15bis as the enemy planes. I changed the map from 'Desert' to 'Korea'. I adjusted the date to 1954. Then I loaded the 'options.ini' file from the main folder and made sure the US plane listed there matched what was in the I/A INi. No problem. Instant action works great in the solomons install with one minor caveat in the KAW install.

I have several F86 elements flying with me on the mission and I see them and hear them but I cannot communicate commands to them. When I hit the tab key I see the comm menu is dark and I cannot access it. This happens only in KAW ( I did the same I/A INI alterations for the Solomon's campaign using different planes of course-with no comm prob.). Single missions and campaign missions are not affected. Only the I/A missions in KAW have no comm.

WOV has always run great and I/A missions always work fine.

I've missed something in one of the INI I suppose. It is a minor glitch to be sure. I can live with it but I am curious about what is wrong and how to fix it.

Just Looking at the KAW data and I was thinking. What nation did you set as enemy in the I/A.ini cause the Korea nations.ini only has China listed as enemy,Don't know if it maks a diffrence or not as far as the com. Solomons list Japanese Empire as enemy. If you listed NKorea as the KAW enemy in the I/A it might be causing a mismatch bug.I may be way off track,just throwing out a (wag) idea.

Raven,

This only happens in the KAW campaign. Now that you mention it I think it was "Soviet". I guess it should be China (or North Korea)? I'll change it to China and see what happens. Thanks.

Raven,

I checked the MiG-15 bis ini and it is listed as Soviet in my version of Edward's KAW campaign. I don't know if that is different in Wrench's version. I haven't installed that yet. So I guess having SovietFighter in the I/A INI would be correct. I noticed the Cammo skins are either listed NKorean or SovietSilver.

It's an odd little glitch and I'm not sure where the control for the comms is located. I only made changes in the Options and I/A inis. Of course since the I/A option was never available to me in the KAW install before I have no way of knowing if my changes had any effect at all. Edward may have turned the comms off for some reason. I notice that in the KAW flight folder there is a 'MessagesSystem.ini in the FlightData.cat

I wonder if that iNI has anything to do with the comms? Who knows, maybe in the I/A scenario your transmitter is just dead... :biggrin:

I checked that same data In a stock install and the Desert list Paran as enemy ,but they are default Soviet aircraft ,so I Don't think this is the cause of the glich.