tn_prvteye

Didn't see this posted already. New DLC is out.

That would be cool - and would lift my interest in the N-model again... (Although my rig just decided to quit again........)

TK replied...

I hope he eventually implements these changes. If so, I'm gonna buy the DLC. :salute:

I was really looking forward to having a stock F-4N (with all the actual fetaures discussed above) but now I'm a bit disappointed because of the missing details (even though I don't consider myself a rivet counter).

Edited by Blade

While I would very much like the slotted tail and droopy ailerons, I am overall very happy with the F-4N as it is. The main feature, the ECM fairings, as well as the slick chin pod are there. I have seen valid photos of F-4Ns showing conflicting tail RWR antenna configs--TK's take is very common in the photos. Of course, I would very much appreciate getting the remaining details right, as that is the primary reason to get the DLC instead of modding an existing variant via ini files or even using "fake pilot" method.

I dug out my old F-4B/N NATOPS dated 1973 that my 7th grade teacher gave me. Yes all F-4Ns had slotted stabs and droopy ailerons. I was just doing some lite reading to see if the climb performance in game matched the IRL jet. Also found that the design limit is 8.5g but maneuvers are restricted to 6 unless absolutely needed (war) to preserve airframe life. 6.5g is avaialble from about 450 knots on up with only 4.5 g attained in the 300 knot area. Anyone need any info from it, let me know.

**EDIT** F-4Bs didnt get the slotted stabs.

Edited by turkeydriver

The load limits for usually listed for full internal fuel. They can be safely uprated by the ratio of the fully loaded weight divided by the actual weight.

It is this effect that makes a slatted F-4E appear inferior to an early hard wing F-4E, as the slatted F-4E weighed more fully loaded, but at the same weight, the load ratings were identical.

In practice, pilots pulled as many g's as they could/needed in combat, sometimes permanently damaging the airframe, especially during pull-outs from bombing runs and SAM evasion maneuvers.

It was such hard hours on the F-4B airframes that necessitated the F-4N rebuilds.

stingray77, idk what your modding skills are but here is the items to add to the decal.ini so you can add a sharksmouth to VF-111 as a decal. if i get some time off work i will whip up a new sharkmouth for it but i didnt have that decal like i thought i did. but with some fiddling to make it look int your folders and renumbering it will place it for you if you have your own handy, say from a plastic kit decal sheet. lemme know whats up and if you need mor help with it.

anyone else using this again you need to rename the file path for your folders and renumber to your decal.ini. its a project i'm working on but my USNGrey with radome decals is more than two weeks off.....

Probably not - supposed to have joined the first squadrons in Feb 1973

665148_452016278177624_2086450876_o.jpg

There isn't much to this one. The radar display is a little different, audio RWR and chaff dispensers.

Edited by Z09SS

any cockpit changes?

any cockpit changes?

There isn't much to this one. The radar display is a little different, audio RWR and chaff dispensers.

I´m lost with this DLC. I appreciate all of them, despite any inaccuracies or lack of interest at first sight, but i don´t know what to think of this one

Edited by macelena

I like this DLC for sure.

img00045.JPG

img00046.JPG

img00048.JPG

img00049.JPG

same dave. I luv the camo blue skin coming with it. Now if only an official S both slatted and un get released.

Finally have a fairly definitive answer on the AN/AAA-4 IRST:

Only installed on the original F-4B, never restored after being removed as the system never worked very well.

All should have been removed as ECM/RWR systems were retrofitted to all F-4Bs.

The easy test: can you see a somewhat blunt round glass eye at the front?

If not, the IRST is not there.

Most photos of F-4s with chin pods (even of F-4Bs) show the more conical cover that replaced the IRST.

Based on what I have seen of F-4N photos: none ever had the IRST.

Given the number of F-4Bs produced, I can see where there might be a few exceptions, but I doubt it.

I just bought this DLC along with the two F-4 skin packs, TK should market more on the sales page as I only realized what awesome schemes were included after browsing his Facebook page. Great for merc skins! Now if there only was some skin pack like this for the Crusader*

*OT: Was the crusader at any time painted in some experimental camo schemes or was it always overall grey?

The US Crusader wear only the Grey / White sheme, excluding the RF-8G´s.

The RF-8Gs that were late in Service get the all over grey shemes:

http://cdn-www.airli...0/1/0223100.jpg

http://www.airport-d.../099/099720.jpg

http://upload.wikime...light_1986.JPEG

Also the Tf-8 and experimental / evaluation Crusaders had an special sheme....

Edited by Soulfreak

The F-8E(FN) DLC has a few different blue and grey schemes