gambit168

russian civil war ?

Hi guys i was just thinking , almost ever aircraft thats in Fe right now, was used by both sides, the WHITE army, Ukranians , polish, Rumanian's, Lithuanian's & the RAF all either fighting for independence or trying to stop the spectre of the red army of the "workers and pesents" trying to change the balance of world order.

it would be a great way to have lets say maybe

spads VII's , N11's ,DVII's , DVa's & snipes all fighting in the same place at the same time, & for both sides !! It would be confusing , but a lot of fun

what other theatre can you see all that going on

I've been thinking of the post WWI fighting. Two of my planes have skins for two of the nations that emerged from WWI. The Anatra C.I has a Yugoslav skin, and the Lloyd C.II has an early Polish skin. I started making insignia decals for Ukraine, Lithuania, and Czechoslovakia, but I didn't do much with them.

After WWI, a lot of the early planes were put back into service, so you see the early C series of planes coming back. And the Allies sent planes to the new nations in eastern Europe, so you see Ansaldos, Fokkers, and Camels fighting each other. It would be interesting to have some post war campaigns.

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 1

Yes Exactly Stephen, would be great to fight with Georgian camels v red camels , or raf dh9's bieng intercepted by red Nieuport 17's & spad's , there is so much scope for extra nations & added gameplay with all the types we already have in game. :biggrin:

"I started making insignia decals for Ukraine, Lithuania, and Czechoslovakia,"don't stop doing the decal sets Stephen I think Its a great Idea :biggrin:

Do you want to fly over endless woods or empty plains? 50km from one village to an other?

If yes, then is the russian civil war the scenario of your choice.

This map i have started long ago, but never finished. Its the bay of Riga in the Baltic Sea. The islands were the place of the german sea löanding operaton "Albion" in 1917 (or was it 1918?)

post-3395-0-19797500-1350398104.jpg

Edited by Gepard
  • Like 1

Wow thats very cool Gepard, I use the fly to next waypoint, (alt +n) life's way to short :biggrin:

maybe the germany .cat from sf2 could be used like the desert .cat that Wrench just gave us ?

The Baltic Bay terrain was made by stock FE tiles. The islands are ready but the rest is not finished.

Here two screenshots

russian coastal fort:

post-3395-0-96952800-1350416166_thumb.jpg

german Battleship Fleet

post-3395-0-78250500-1350416196_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gepard

Wow that looks like it would be a great theatre map Gepard :biggrin:

All for this especially as I have used every terrain Gepard has ever made in the past, also looks like a good place to park a dreadnought or two

Gepard, The Baltic terrain would be a great addition to FE. There was a German offensive in that area in late 1917, so it could be the basis of a second eastern front. And it was the scene of fighting during the Russian Civil Wars, so it could be used there too.