Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

World of Tanks

On WOT forum one staff member mentioned, that WG is working on a fast hotfix patch for 9.0. The complains by the community became to heavy.

I found an other way to improve the game performance.

Open the windows task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL or in german STRG+ALT+ENTF)

open page processes

right click on  WorldOfTanks.exe

go to priority and change setting from normal to high

With patch 9.1 out on european server we have now a new funny game mod for the time of the football worldcup.

Its panzer soccer! Crazy, riddiculus, but extremly funny. The developer must have to much of vodka while developing it. Its crazy!

New gift tank for the european server. Japanese Tier 2 light tank Type 97 Te-Ke. Not to bad if you ask me.

post-3395-0-34253800-1407353087_thumb.jpg

Was my first battle on this little tank.

Not available on US server so far. Perhaps it will comes later.

Edited by Gepard

I have tried it, bounced every shot ... hit every wall instead of the enemy and started to hate it... long story short, thanks WG for a freee garage slot! I still love my T29 Bounce monster!

On US server i played in the last time a lot with my first Sherman. Its the M4A2E4, a gift for beta testers. I had it a long time in my garage, but i did not used it, till i found out, that gift or gold tanks are made for crew training. I moved my Easy8 crew into this tank and from this time the A2E4 became a nice vehicle. Its very rarely to see and a lot of folks are surprised that such a tank exsist and often they think that it is a Jumbo Sherman. Nevertheless, the normal Sherman has finaly a better gun with more punch, but with the A2E4 you get more credits. Thats nice. But it is difficult to get the Masterbadge. I needed a lot of battles, but finaly i got it.

post-3395-0-95087900-1409155994_thumb.jpg

At the moment a password change event is running.

If you change you password now you will get 300 gold.

Damn I missed that event, I could realy spend this gold for 2 more garage slots .... damn

I was away working around germany, and I have played warthunder alot, there is a nice feauture, .... you can "overpenetrate" tanks. Something I didnt knew from WOT.

When you are to near to an enemy tank, you can shoot right trough it and it will not cause much damage. And you can also disable the tanks, part per part. In a battle, I have destroyed the turret ring of a tiger 2, killed the driver and amoracked it from behind with my Panther.

The possibilities you have in Warthunder are far better than in WOT.

You can cripple the tanks more than in WOT, and you can see it and feel better on the battlefield

WOT is more strategic, and you have to calculate some movement and damage. But its far more unrealistic than WT.

If you know where the ammo sits, you can ammorack a Tiger one with a PZ IV <--- thats also such an ammovictem (placed behind the driver)

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

At the european server you can get at the moment 25 gold for 5 victories per day. You must play with a tier 5 or higher tank and be under the best 10 players of your team.

At the US server i drive occasionally the new KV-1S. This is not anymore the old tier 6 monster with a 122 gun but is now situated at tier 5. As to gun you can choose between the short 122mm or the long 76,2mm. The same as in KV-1. The vehicle is now weaker armoured. The thinkness of the armour is reduced significantly so that you cant play it like a heavy tank. To form the spearhead of an attack it unhealthy in a KV-1S. But you can play it like a medium. The speed is acceptable for a heavy tank and the gun is good for tier 5. You can use it to flank much easier and you can go longer ways.

At the moment i'm very satisfied with the KV-1S. I have a kill ratio of 2:1 while driving it and this is a good value.

post-3395-0-41685500-1417968687.jpg

Edited by Gepard

Since 2014 the game has updated a lot of times. Its still fun, but with a much better graphic engine.

shot_202.thumb.jpg.3d128d15153fcc53fdab39ef38fdbe18.jpg

BTW, this is graphic setting nearly minimum.

shot_181.thumb.jpg.39b973a322ff54575b2f6645a73b023b.jpg

Edited by Gepard
  • Like 1