Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Syrain Helicopter Shot Down

Well......They shot down a turkish phantom with both pilots dead.Guess the helicopter crew had to pay the price for the actions of their higher ups.

It´s kind of sad. I´m all in for a no fly zone and erasing any loyalist aircraft from the sky and such, but while it sound strange, i feel sorry for those aboard. It is not like videos of taliban guerrilla or iraqi insurgents getting strafed by Apaches, in the wich you think to yourself "wow, sucks to be you, but go rot in hell". I doubt they were doing anything good and i´m glad they came down, but still i feel sorry for them.

• Like 2

Speaking of Taliban or insurgents: the voices in the background give me an eerie feeling.......

Its astonishing how many people still believe that we see in Syria a fight for freedom and democracy.

Saudi Arabia supports the Anti Assad forces with weapons and money. And the most people forget, that Al-Qaida was made by saudis. 9/11 was made by saudi citicens.

Saudi Arabia has the most backward kind of Islam. and and and.

• Like 1

Guess you're right, but the Iranians have their share in it too

True. Derk, perhaps you know the german journalist Peter Scholl-Latour. His books are worth a read.

He descriped the turmoil in Syria as a part of a shiitish vs sunnitish war for the leadership in the islamic world. Iran is shiitish, Saudi is sunnitish. Who shall rule? The most of islam is sunnitish, but the Iran attempts to increase the shiitish ruled area, so that there is an axis from Iran, over the shiitic parts of Iraq, over the alavitish ruled Syria to the shiits in Lebanon (Hisbollah). The Iraq was ruled by sunnits (Saddam Hussein), so that the axis was broken. But since the shiits rule in Iraq the axis is formed.

Now the Saudis attempt to break out Syria from this axis. Syria is alavitish ruled, but has a majority of sunnits. If the sunnits come to power the iranian shiitish axis is broken again.

No problem with that. But Saudi Arabia has the most backward Islam with no rights for women and other religions, while Syria has a moderate Islam with women rights and protection for other religions. I fear, that after a defeat of Assad the christians of Syria (around 10% of people) will have a very hard time and a lot of them will be killed or forced out of the land (As it has done in Iraq in the last years).

If the west supports the anti Assad forces, he supports a kind of Islam, we dont want and we fight a kind of Islam who is no danger for us.

It´s kind of sad. I´m all in for a no fly zone and erasing any loyalist aircraft from the sky and such, but while it sound strange, i feel sorry for those aboard. It is not like videos of taliban guerrilla or iraqi insurgents getting strafed by Apaches, in the wich you think to yourself "wow, sucks to be you, but go rot in hell". I doubt they were doing anything good and i´m glad they came down, but still i feel sorry for them.

You just saw people get shot down on cam.Even the thought that they were going to die and couldn't do nothing about it makes any conscious human being (ouside of Syria) feel sorrow.You need to be a Syrian rebel to actually forget sorrow after doing/seeing such a thing.

Alqaida downs another military helicoptor.

Yay!

Gep, Nightwatch has a nasty prediction... For the night of 18 July 2012:: After it falls, expect massacres of Alawites, Christians, Sunni collaborators and other minority tribes and cults. This will not end well.

Very interesting comment on Alqaida style methods there also.

On the other hand, for the night of 27 Aug comments that Syrian christians are leaving for Leb, and other groups are going to home territories.

Du'h, I found it...

For the night of 27 August 2012

Comment: The Syrian Christians are leaving for Lebanon. Other minorities also are...

:

:

US Special comment:...

That following US Special comment is even more interesting to read. Also of interest is the comment on the recent Taliban beheadings crossing the line for most locals in the area. Overall one of the most fascinating night watches, ever.

You need to be a Syrian rebel to actually forget sorrow after doing/seeing such a thing.

You need to be a Syrian rebel, and perhaps to be strafed, hacked and rocketted repeatedly by these unreacheable mosquitoes. When you finally can crush a bug, you can't help a "Yessss!". In such a case, it's better the crew doesn't reach the ground still alive.

All the rebels are humanist-oriented philantrophs that want nothing but peace and freedom.

Sure - that's what they yell "Allahu Akhbar" in every video I see of them...

"Allahu Akhbar"

Yelling thta doesn't make you a terrorist, sorry ! Its just a cultural thing in the Middle East to yell "God is great". They yell Allahu Akbar here at soccer stadiums when a goal is scored, big friggin deal. Thats like saying someone is a religious nutjob a a hockey game for yelling out "Jesus Christ" when a goal is scored during power play thingy.

Its the conext in which Allahu Akhbar is used. Btw, get used to hearing more and more of it as soon it will be the new NATO warcry ! :biggrin:

BTW...ALLAHU AKHBAR :bomb::biggrin:

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

Yeah, and they also like shooting into the air for any given reason and then wonder when somebody shoots back.

Allahu akhbar, indeed.

Yeah, and they also like shooting into the air for any given reason and then wonder when somebody shoots back.

Thats the MIddle Easts equivalent to waving their arms in the air like they just dont care ! :biggrin:

LoL, I don't want to get caught-up in a group of their local footie-club's hooligans :frantic:

Unfortunately someone needs to explain that bullets don't have escape velocity, and any fired up will still come down somewhere, possibly on their own heads!

A bullet that comes down from sky has no power to harm someone.

Those injured in Miami by morons firing their guns into the air on New Year's would disagree.

Was tested by Mythbusters and they found no lethal effect of bullits which came down from sky after firen 90° into the air.

...and as we all know, Mythbusters is an authority in the field of science...

Edited by Toryu

I'd say few people fire 90 degrees up. I'd guess 60 degrees is far more common. Doesn't land on THEM, it lands on people living nearby.

...and as we all know, Mythbusters is an authority in the field of science...

Yep, have tried to rework the episode with oil, fire and water. Got the flame of 6 meters. Was great!!!!

Mythbusters is the best show of scientific nonsense. Its made for man!!!!