Sign in to follow this  
FokkerDviiOAW

A question about WOFF campaign mode

First-time poster, long-time lurker. I enjoy flying for the Germans, and I was wondering if it would be possible to start an early war career flying 2 seaters, and as the war progressed and the Jastas were formed, if it would be possible to be transferred into a fighter squadron, like many pilots did back in the day. Thanks in advance for any info, and thanks for developing the best flight sim I've ever played, and as seems to be custom around here, first round is on me :D

Welcome! I'll have a root beer! (I'm such a lightweight,I'll get woozy on a couple of those!). I can't answer your question, as I think that's in the hands of the developers, and they are more readily reached over at the new official forums - http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/89/1/Over_Flanders_Fields.html

But they do pop in quite a bit over here, really, so I don't know if you absolutely have to double-post.

And I'm with you - this one is the best - I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the release of WOFF, but even now OFF-HiTR is quite the experience.

Welcome aboard, FDA! New guys buys the drinks! I'll have a triple absinthe with cartridge-worth of gunpowder dissolved in it. :drunks:

Anyway, as HD said, no telling how the WOFF campaign will be, except for a few vague hints. For instance, it's been said that 2-seater squadrons are more specialized for a certain mission type instead of doing them all at random like now. But that's about all the devs have let slip. I HOPE it now allows for squadron transfers, and that pilots will live long enough to remove all such issues from the realm of mootnsss :)

Welcome to the OFF Mess, FokkerDvii - I'll have a virtual Warsteiner Pils!

Many of us hope, that such transfers will be easily possible - we'll see.

But if you want to do such a transfer now, you can already do that.

Go to

OBD Software > CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields > campaigns > CampaignData > Pilots

There you open the "Pilot Dossier" folder and change the third line from "FA(A) 256" to "Jasta 11" (for example).

Save it, and then start a mission.

You don't need to fly it - it's just for making OFF realise the change.

In your next real mission, you should see the change in your "Pilot Log". Done!

Best is to save the whole "Pilots" folder before you start changing anything - just to be safe.

NOTE - the pilot numbers in the Pilot Logs are one lower or higher than in the "Pilots" folder -

make sure you pick the one from the right unit.

Edited by Olham

FokkerDviiOAW, welcome to the asylum. As has been rightly pointed out new lads do indeed buy the drinks and I'll have an nice pinta' red. To the two-seater side of OFF/WOFF, I am very hopeful for additional features, (being a dyed-in-the-wool B/R man myself). Fingers crossed!

:drinks:

Cheers!

Lou

Thanks for the info folks!

@Olham: Cool, I didn't know about that trick, gonna give it a shot next time i hop on, Thanks for the tip.

Eagerly awaiting WOFF...