Slartibartfast

Okay were is everybody ?

I know this sounds weird and I know I have been an infrequent visitor of late but has everyone gone to the other place or is it just that we are all waiting for WOFF (which knowing my luck will appear within the next 3 weeks after reinstalling HiTR and getting it running happily) ???

Well, sir, it has been quiet. Some folks have been doing work on an Italian expansion. I'm not a modder myself, though, so I've only seen comments going by. But yeah, It's been quiet on both boards. I'm sure anticipation for WOFF is part of it, but in my own case, I've been very busy IRL. Hoping that the earlier darkness will allow my to get some stick time in.

Glad to see you back! I've always admired that screen name - where'd you come up with it?

Best,

Tom

I realise that I am definitely holding my breath for WOFF ... which is weird because I am fairly sure that I won't have a PC that will run it for some while and I have only explored a mere fraction of the present OFF.

I think those Dev's screenshots and videos have spoilt me.

(Regarding 'Slartibartfast', it puts me in mind of a gentleman who was very good at fjords)

• Like 1

It's a common enough name on Magrathea. Also, I hear he likes doing the little fiddly bits 'round the edges. :wink:

To it being quiet here, I know for myself work has kept me very, very busy as of late. And, whilest waiting for WOFF a few of us have been meeting up online to fly WWI in the 'other' sim whose name must n'er be spoken in these halls.

Edited by RAF_Louvert
  • Like 1

Well, sir, it has been quiet. Some folks have been doing work on an Italian expansion. I'm not a modder myself, though, so I've only seen comments going by. But yeah, It's been quiet on both boards. I'm sure anticipation for WOFF is part of it, but in my own case, I've been very busy IRL. Hoping that the earlier darkness will allow my to get some stick time in.

Glad to see you back! I've always admired that screen name - where'd you come up with it?

Best,

Tom

The most splendid of books The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy... Douglas Adam's wanted it to sound like someone was swearing but had to get round the BBC censors in the early 1970's its great fun saying it quick... and its a fun name all over...

As to the Italian Expansion now that does sound like fun... must admit I am back after a break for Spring and Summer being an avid Motorcyclist and having the roads etc in the middle of Europe to play on etc needing to learn the roads and a new bike has taken it's toll on my stick time...

It's a common enough name on Magrathea, and I hear he likes doing the little fiddly bits 'round the edges. :wink:

To it being quiet here, I know for myself work has kept me very, very busy as of late. And, whilest waiting for WOFF a few of us have been meeting up online to fly WWI.

First thing I installed Lou was your wonderful little colouration for my Strutter... just need to find the Pup one now that you so kindly made for me... as to meeting and flying online is this in OFF/HiTR as if okay I would be interested in joining some of you splendid chaps for a brief run round the sky... aahhh after your edit I now must retract my interest as I do not own or pertain to own that dastardly G A M E :beee:

Edited by Slartibartfast

No, sorry Slarti, it is in the 'other' sim whose name must n'er be spoken in these halls. If only OFF had an MP side.

I'm afraid I've had some of the Kool-Aid. Glad you're still enjoying the Strutter, and let me know if you can't lay hands on that Pup, I can go digging through my paint files if need be.

Edited by RAF_Louvert

No, sorry Slarti, it is in the 'other' sim whose name must n'er be spoken in these halls. If only OFF had an MP side.

My Word where are those Dev guys we must picket them and design Fjords around them to get them to add MP...

Many thanks Lou... and on a more serious note is the one that should not be named any good ??? (NOT that I am going to give up my OFF/HiTR well until WOFF comes out that is)....

Actually Slarti, it is very nice in a lot of ways. If you'd like to discuss it just send me a PM.

Well, since you guys did already put a finger on it: Winder's second name COULD well be Slartibartfast.

Although he is NOT doing any Fjords for WOFF (thank god!!!), he has found many "other fiddly bits"

that keep him pleased to get them right - and us waiting.

My tip for you, Slarti - visit and check both Forums (Fora, Forwhatever...) - it won't take too long these days.

As for myself, I've been holed-up too much in my secret lair :ohsnap: , working on FM mods and the like.

I really need to get out more.... :biggrin:

If you think it's too quiet, we could always ask Uncleal to start a conversation to stir things up a bit.

Well, it definitely IS too quiet around here since lately - maybe the lull before the storm - aerh, WOFF.

For you that's a good reason to go out more, Herr Prop-Wasche, indeed.

We need the sunlight, like the plants; it'll do ya good. Doctor's order.

Well as winter is fast on its way I would say make the most of the sunlight while its about and then we can all hibernate for winter or whatever we do... Gluwein etc etc... and hopefully the chaps at OBD will have WOFF ready for us before Christmas (I am not saying which one)... and we can all investigate the new skies all over again...

I'm all 'OFF'd out of things to talk about re:-OFF....and tbh..I'm just much more into FSX and stuff at the moment...it'll liven up come release date no doubt

Stick time is always good time! I also figure to continue to hone my skills with flight lessons, etc, in FSX. I just wish I had more time for fiddling with it. With UTX USA, I can clearly spot where my home should be, and I'd really like to put t in there!

I am going through a half year of school training, to learn Web Design, HTML, Javascript, Flash and PHP,

And I can only say: I wasn't the most energetic guy in my twenties, but it has rather worn off more.

:crutch:

So I'm quite exhausted after my return home, and when my personal stuff is also done, there is

nothing much left in me to invest into flying air combats against 19 year-olds!

(Well, I still do occasionally, and I still deplume them).

:bb::victory:

...I still deplume them.

deplume? Sounds serious.

In German: Jemanden rupfen (to deplume someone) means someting like "to shellac someone".

In English: to frazzle s.o. out.

To deplume s.o. may sound funny in English though - no idea...

Edited by Olham

I thought it was grand, actually! I love hearing more imaginative terms, so many today just reach for profanity to express extremes. I like subtle or understated ways of expression! And you almost never hear someone say "He got a good shellacing today!"

When you do something good, sometimes you'll here the term, "Well, that's a feather in your cap!" so when you said "deplume" someone I immediately thought of you snatching that away - especially from cocksure 19 year-olds!

Hihi - I also like one from Andy Capp:

His wife Flora (or: Flo) tells him that the butcher got cheeky and made approaches to her ;

and she asks Andy what to do now.

Andy says: Well, I think you should go out and mow the lawn.

She asks: "Well, do you think that is gonna stop him?"

Andy replies: "No! But it'll wipe that smirk off yer clock."

Yea still alive here too..

Started working yesterday on the Italy expansion, changing the need to warp in the missions setting the timming up so if the pilot wants you can fly the entire mission and not warp..

And finishing up another 10 missions this next week or so..

So Off to wreck OFF..

Hihi - I also like one from Andy Capp:

His wife Flora (or: Flo) tells him that the butcher got cheeky and made approaches to her ;

and she asks Andy what to do now.

Andy says: Well, I think you should go out and mow the lawn.

She asks: "Well, do you think that is gonna stop him?"

Andy replies: "No! But it'll wipe that smirk off yer clock."

Olham, I'm amazed you know Andy Capp!