Sign in to follow this  
ChampionsVA56

GroundObject Mesh Removal

Anyone know of any ini-commands that will remove UNWANTED meshes from a ship used as a GroundObject? Specifically....removing Phalanx guns and other items from carriers (back dating them).

not possible ... I've TRIED!!!

for some reason, it only works on aircraft

edit:

if it's just a weapn, simply remove the statements in the data ini. However, you'll need to create a 'year specific' version of the ship, that pre-date the installation of the CIWS. THAT bit's easy!

Edited by Wrench

you'll break them .. trust me! I tried removing the cargo booms on the DAT Liberty ship to make the hospital ship that was in Pearl (Solace?) and it never worked

It can work on some models but it depends on how they are made.

Make a new gun section and use the mesh name for the pitch axis, then set default pitch so that the mesh you want to hide is rotated down into the mesh below .. and min max pitch and pitch rate accordingly.

I havent done this in a while but it worked some years ago :ninja:

Yea, its possible, butt...

Years back, for some reason for a little quick test I randomly deleted something out of the LOD of the R-23 aam, and all the fins were gone. Later, when I realized I could use a long tube with pointed end to place in various aircraft, I tried to recall what I did, but I forgot. So I tried another random deletion and it crashed the game or something. I forgot what I did lol.