Just installed the C7 aircraft and the fake pilot is showing in the middle of the aircraft. I may miss a step of installing it. I got a folder named "Pilot (misc stores) in the Objects folder. Where do I put that folder?

Falcon

PS. The readme only had credits - that's it.

people too lazy or to _________ (fill in the blank) to take the time to give proper instructions ... that kinda crap frosts my balls. I mean, seriously, how much frakking time can it take to say "drop such-and-such folder into you /Pilots folder". Or simply assemble everything following the game mods folder structure???

Like all the Top Modders ™ do??

--

the 'fake pilot' method REQUIRES something to be added, fooling the game engine into adding something AS a pilot seat. the 'fake pilot.lod' is the actualy physical model of the nonexistant pilot figure.

anything else is the 'seat', in this can whatever is being added to the aircraft structure, like canards or antenna or whathaveyou.

drop that folder into the /Objects/Pilots subfolder and I'll bet what ever he was trying to add will show up.

• Like 1

The fix didn't work. I tried to move the stuff inside the folder to the pilots folder. That didn't work. Any suggestions?

Below is my problem.

Falcon

looks almost like the original uploader FORGOT the include whatever the 'fake pilot' is being used for.

try PMing him, and let him know his readme's suck, and to fix them.

As per:

http://combatace.com...u-upload-a-mod/

Tell him I said so...

Edited by Wrench

ok ... you got me curious. So I went and download it.

I must say, it's rather poorly excuted; way overblown on skins when decals would have sufficed for serials (which are readily discoverable, and positions are already known). Rather sad, actually.

Here's the data ini statement in question:

[refuelProbe]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

PilotModelName=10KFIR

Position=0.0,0.0,0.0

CanopyNodeName=

SeatID=2

Ive scoured the data ini top to bottom, and NOWHERE does the 'fake pilot' show up anywhere.

this is actually done WRONG for the fake pilot method. Normally, it would have statements like this (example is the Rufe IJN fighter):

[Floats]

SystemType=Pilot_Cockpit

Position=0.0,0.0,0.0

PILOTMODELNAME=FakePilot <---this is the fake pilot figure, obviously

SeatModelName=Zeke_Float_White <---this is the part added, pretending to be the seat

SeatPosition=0.0,0.30,-0.50

SeatID=2

now, depending on HOW the addon part (looks like part of the nose and the AAR probe) was constructed, determines where it fits on the aircraft. How it apprears to be working is, as a 2nd pilot. That's not quite right, as parked aircraft will NOT have the addon part showing. You can see in the screenie below, mine works.

Is it possible, Falcon, you DON'T have the FakePilot in your /Pilots folder? Here's mine, just in case you don't. Unzip it, and drop it into you pilots folder. See if that helps.

Also, make sure the "10Kfir" folder is IN your /Pilots folder.

The fake pilot folder is in there. But I notice there was 2 pilots folders in my sf2 directory. One in the main mod directory and in the objects folder.

Falcon

correct path is:

/Objects/Pilots

move them, and see what goes

correct path is:

/Objects/Pilots

move them, and see what goes

Yep that worked. What is the other pilot folder for anyway?

Falcon

prolly misplaced during installation, would be my guess.

again, it goes back to the uploader to ensure that everything is in it's correct place, and properly folderized.

Having forgotten things or even messed up folder structure once or twice, I can sort of sympathize with the modder in question.

Still, wouldn't it be much less trouble to use the excellent Mirage Factory Kfir C7 in this case than a fakepilot'ed stock aircraft? :shrug:

Having forgotten things or even messed up folder structure once or twice, I can sort of sympathize with the modder in question.

Still, wouldn't it be much less trouble to use the excellent Mirage Factory Kfir C7 in this case than a fakepilot'ed stock aircraft? :shrug:

Thought the TMF C7 was for the SF1 series?

Falcon